WATTAGE

A forum for you to ask and answer any Boat related technical question

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

WATTAGE

Post by E_ »

Soooo, looking at inverter and generator use...

Has anyone else ever spec'ed out their watt use on their boat?

My boat has a battery bank and inverter (not sure the size of the batteries for the inverter or how it is all connected yet) and I have thought about the oh sooo forbidden use of a portable generator on the swim platform (ultra quiet model of course). (but that is not what I want to debate here lol I just want some watt figures)

Thus far this is what I know on mine...

*The attwood spec sheet calls for a 1400watt rated wiring or better thus I would expect the water heater does not go over 1400 watts. (does anyone know the actual use?)
*My boat has MermaidAir and though I do not know the model number I would guess it would be the one sized for my boat size which on their website is a M9. The M9 is 8ams so using the formula of volts x amps = watts I think it would use around 920 watts to run and they said to add x1.8 for startup which would be 1656watts.
*Battery charger for 4 batteries?
*Refrigerator
*I just purchased a LCD TV that has a built in DVD and I have not checked it yet.
*Waterpump
*cabin lights *-:)
*2 small DC fans
I think that is about it on mine

Has anyone already done a lot of the homework on this for a comparable boat? Just wondering.
Splashngo?

Thanks

E
**==
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: WATTAGE

Post by E_ »

Just FYI I first purchased a Yamaha2400ISHC from WISESALES.com their customer service was horrible, they lost my order and every time I called had to PROVE I had placed a order and that they had my money. Finally after a week of BS from them I finally cancelled the order and have just now placed a order with http://www.yamahagenerators.com/.

We will see how that goes but I can tell you I saved about $70 over wise's price as when you go to that site click the "buy with discounted price" button and they will send you a e-mail with MUCH lower prices.

Below is the pricing I received in their e-mail:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting YamahaGenerators.com!

Our current special offers are listed below:

Premium Inverter Generators

EF1000iS $70 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $722.00
EF2000iS $90 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $900.00
EF2000iS-Combo $200 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1879.00
EF2400iSHC $150 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1182.00
EF2800iSM $150 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1380.00
EF3000iSE $100 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1880.00
EF3000iSEB $100 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $2123.00
EF4500iSE $350 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $2710.00
EF6300iSDE $450 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $3240.00

Premium Consumer Generators

EF2600M $50 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $805.00
EF4000DEJ $350 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1405.00
EF4000DM $200 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1420.00
EF5200DEM $200 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1690.00
YG5200DJ $800 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1522.00
EF5200DM $200 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1600.00
EF6600DEM $320 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1975.00
EF6600DM $300 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $1905.00
EF12000DE $300 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $3660.00

California residents pay 8% sales tax. No sales tax for all other states.

If you have any further questions, please contact our sales department at: 877-316-3954 or email us: [email protected].

Thank you for choosing YamahaGenerators.com!

National Supply NSNA, Inc. | 877-316-3954 | www.YamahaGenerators.com | 77564-A Country Club Drive, Ste. 132, Palm Desert CA, 92210
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Order already shipped last night!

Order Status: Shipped

Shipping Speed:
Free Shipping
Items Ordered:
• 1 of : Covers - COVER-24
Shipped
• 1 of : EF2400iSHC
Shipped

As long as it shows up packaged well and in good shape http://www.YamahaGenerators.com will be who I look to for any other items like this I might need. ;)

Wattmoney maybe you should try the EF2000iS $90 off with this Emailed Offer Add To Cart Final Price: $900.00
with free shipping. ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Received yesterday. Added oil and gas, pulled cord with switched turned off to prime fuel system, switched to on and it fired up on first pull! Seems like a really nice generator. BIG rubber feet on it to keep vibrations at bay and is VERY quiet. Only ran a drill on it and it did not even kick off of idle for it... We will see how it goes...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

8-23-2013 and still going strong, still happy with it.
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

I'm really close to getting my generator, this the farthest I've made it into the season with out an outdrive issue in 3 years if my luck holds out I will have one this year. Although not sure if I really need one with 6 golf car batteries and a 3000W inverter. We were out strait 4 days last week and still had power, even ran the ac for about an hour at bedtime to cool down the cabin twice. This summer wasn't as hot as usual and I know on those really hot days the ac would be nice. Do you carry any extra gas for the generator, if so how do you store it?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I carry a 2 gallon ventless can
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

7-27-2015 still going and has been wonderful
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

June 2013 Next to a tired little fishergirl. (and the trash tote.)
Picture 047sm.jpg
Picture 047sm.jpg (166.56 KiB) Viewed 5078 times

Return to “Boater Tech Swap”