How Many of you Think you will? will Not?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

How Many of you Think you will? will Not?

Post by Dolphin »

Be actively Boating in 2 Years ??? and why
crwky

Re: How Many of you Think you will? will Not?

Post by crwky »

I sure hope so. It may be in a row boat but I plan to be boating :(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

As long as the health holds up, we plan to keep boating. We have moved ourselves into a position in FL where we can boat here easily as well. We will eventually downsize KY again and then land here in FL full time when we no longer want to go back and forth. If we quit doing everything now, we'd probably die of sheer boredom.I think boating keeps ya young! ;) ;)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I better be. Boat is paid for and the kids would never forgive us if we sold it and didn't replace it.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

I would like to think so. But if we could find the right kind of property at LC, we could possibly downsize to a smaller boat to reduce fees on slips and other expenses. Perhaps that way we could still maintain the main household, something at LC and then maybe spend January - March in Sunny Florida. :ymsigh: :ymsigh: However, we have too many friends and family that would be terribly upset if the fantastic resources of Lake Cumberland were not available. :)) :)) :))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I hope so, I never know - if we have kids it could be a time to be out while they are babies but I would rather not if I can help it. SOMEONE sell or buy my boat so I can get a cruiser... LOL
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Well, the reason I ask is because I think gas will be 6. to 8. $ per gallon and rationed by that time ??? Mark my word !! Hope not but with inflation and current policies that is where we are heading !!!

I also see most if not ALL Boat building Co's closed in the next 18 to 24 Months !!

I ran a Business during the Carter years with 21% interest rates and gas lines a mile long at times !!!
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Dolphin wrote:Well, the reason I ask is because I think gas will be 6. to 8. $ per gallon and rationed by that time ??? Mark my word !! Hope not but with inflation and current policies that is where we are heading !!!

I also see most if not ALL Boat building Co's closed in the next 18 to 24 Months !!

I ran a Business during the Carter years with 21% interest rates and gas lines a mile long at times !!!
I have complete trust and faith in our present administration. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

No kidding. :D :D :D

Just trying to be optimistic. :-? :-? :-ss :-ss

Uhhh....anybody want to buy a houseboat, runabout and Sea Doo ?? :( :( :(
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Jaybird wrote:
Dolphin wrote:Well, the reason I ask is because I think gas will be 6. to 8. $ per gallon and rationed by that time ??? Mark my word !! Hope not but with inflation and current policies that is where we are heading !!!

:)

I have complete trust and faith in our present administration. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

No kidding. :D :D :D

Just trying to be optimistic. :-? :-? :-ss :-ss

Uhhh....anybody want to buy a houseboat, runabout and Sea Doo ?? :( :( :(
We will See ???? Hang on for an interesting Ride ? 1 day at a time Jay
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

It will take a hell of a lot to keep me from being a boater. I may have to downsize but I WILL own a boat forever.

Hey E I got the perfect cruiser for you and your future family. Sleeps 6 so you are all set. We could almost trade even at this point. Minus the slip of course. :D
DMS

Post by DMS »

I owned a boat before owning my first truck so it would have to be a red dawn sort of thing to stop me.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

GM to close plants for maybe 9 weeks this summer, many will not re open ! Cap and trade plus environmental rules enforced by the EPA. will strap agriculture and fiberglass plastics company's

By CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER, AP Economics Writer Christopher S. Rugaber, Ap Economics Writer
WASHINGTON – Worse-than-expected news on unemployment and home sales Thursday dampened optimism that a broad economic recovery might be near.

The Labor Department said initial claims for unemployment compensation rose to a seasonally adjusted 640,000, up from a revised 613,000 the previous week. That was slightly more than analysts' expectations of 635,000.

Economists are closely watching the unemployment compensation data because they believe a sustained decline in the number of initial claims could signal the end of the recession is nearing. Jobless claims have historically peaked six to 10 weeks before recessions end, according to a report by Goldman Sachs. Initial claims reflect job cuts by employers.

But the latest report shows job losses remain high. The four-week average of claims, which smooths out volatility, dropped slightly to 646,750, about 12,000 below the peak in early April. Goldman Sachs economists have said a decline of 30,000 to 40,000 in the four-week average is needed to signal a peak.

Abiel Reinhart, economist at JPMorgan Chase Bank, said further declines in the four-week average "would show that our forecast for a resumption of economic growth in (the third quarter) is reasonable."

Other economists said that despite the bigger-than-expected rise in new jobless claims, the range has remained mostly steady for about two months. That's a signal that the pace of layoffs may be leveling off.

But in another sign of labor market weakness, the number of people continuing to claim benefits rose to 6.13 million, setting a record for the 12th straight week.

As a proportion of the work force, the total jobless benefit rolls are the highest since January 1983. The continuing claims data lag initial claims by a week.

Meanwhile, the National Association of Realtors said home sales fell 3 percent to an annual rate of 4.57 million last month, from a downwardly revised pace of 4.71 million units in February. Sales had been expected to fall to an annual pace of 4.7 million units, according to Thomson Reuters. The median sales price plunged to $175,200, from $200,100 a year earlier, but up from $168,200 in February.

The results were "a little disappointing" given that homes are more affordable than they've been in years and mortgage rates are near record lows, said Lawrence Yun, the group's chief economist.

With unemployment rising and the mortgage crisis far from over, foreclosures and distressed sales are dominating the market — especially in California, Florida, Nevada and Arizona. The Realtors group estimates about half of sales nationwide are from foreclosures or other distressed properties. First-time homebuyers purchased about half of all homes sold last month.

A top banking regulator tried to ease some concerns, saying banks and the housing sector had passed the worst part of their downturns.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Less cars on the road means more gas for our boats. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

rationing be damned :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Looks like Chrysler is Down the Tubes also ???

:(

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/24/busin ... .html?_r=1
crwky

Post by crwky »

Dolphin wrote:Looks like Chrysler is Down the Tubes also ???

Oh no Dolphin you have not heard the latest. As you know the US Postal Service is having problems and so is Chrysler. Now here is the good part they have a plan to save each other. Chrysler has a plan to build electric vans for mail service but as we all know they don't have the money to build them and the USPS don't have the money to buy them. Now here's the good part this is where we the tax payer come in.....well you have a pretty good idea where this goes from here. :-w
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

crwky wrote:
Dolphin wrote:Looks like Chrysler is Down the Tubes also ???

Oh no Dolphin you have not heard the latest. As you know the US Postal Service is having problems and so is Chrysler. Now here is the good part they have a plan to save each other. Chrysler has a plan to build electric vans for mail service but as we all know they don't have the money to build them and the USPS don't have the money to buy them. Now here's the good part this is where we the tax payer come in.....well you have a pretty good idea where this goes from here. :-w

And how many MIDDLE class workers will be left to PAY for all of this ????? Must be an unlimited supply of Over achievers out there ;)
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

What the F--- ?

Heck, Its only YOUR $$$$

Treasury lends $2 billion more to General Motors

Ford CEO Optimistic About Future Play Video CNBC – Ford CEO Optimistic About Future

* 13 GM Factories Facing Temporary Shutdowns Play Video Video:13 GM Factories Facing Temporary Shutdowns WJZ 13 Baltimore
* 4 Your Money: Automaker To File Bankruptcy Play Video Auto Industry Video:4 Your Money: Automaker To File Bankruptcy CBS4 Miami

Related Quotes Symbol Price Change
GM 1.69 +0.07
^GSPC 867.12 +15.20
^IXIC 1,691.25 +39.04
GM to shut plants for up to nine weeks this summer AFP/File – An Opel car is reflected under a logo of General Motors during the second media day shows the 79th Geneva …
18 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The Treasury Department says it has provided General Motors Corp. with another $2 billion in federal loans as the giant automaker struggles to restructure.

The Treasury said that the payment was made to GM on Wednesday and provides working capital to the company.

A government report revealed earlier this week that the Treasury was prepared to provide GM with up to $5 billion more in federal loans and Chrysler with up to $500 million more in bailout support as they race against deadlines to restructure.

GM has until June 1 to complete restructuring plans that satisfy the government's auto task force, while Chrysler has until April 30.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I think it will be good for Chrysler to go thru this, I think it will let them restructure under law and maybe get out from under the unions.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I think it will be good for Chrysler to go thru this, I think it will let them restructure under law and maybe get out from under the unions.

I do agree E. But this should have happened BEFORE OUR $$$$ were invested !!!

Now do you think the UNIONS will stay ????

Or will the Government formed restructuring Protect the Unions ???? Time will tell ! ;)
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

There is a graph in the following link.......that shows how far the Fed Treasury Receicpts have fallen off since April 2008..............Obama has had to buy into the fact that to flat out increase taxes in this fragile economy would be a looser, tax rise on just those above 250k will not cover the shortfall (those are the ones who "went Gault"), it appears his welfare tax cut might be the one promise that does not have a expiration date on.
--Obama Admin is being forced to look for revenue anywhere politically they can----thus cap & trade etc--but as with most actions by the left the unintented consequenses are never considered.
As with City, State and other local govts---the Fed will become very creative in "new sources of revenue"--without haveing to say they actually hiked taxes......plausible deniabiltiy.......

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/going-galt ... -summer/2/

Return to “General Talk”