To the Members at LakeCumberland.com lol

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

To the Members at LakeCumberland.com lol

Post by E_ »

Today I received some text from someone from the "Am I the only person here thread" http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/top ... erson-here

The reason you don't see much here at http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum is because 99.999999% of what we post is on our FB group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/58577325800/ I still pay for this site and keep it running for those that prefer the forum side of things. Certain rules on the FB group require membership here as well to keep it from becoming to jumbled.

I don't post at lakecumberland.com anymore because of the treatment of previous admins/mods local business owners, major forum contributors etc. who in my opinion were pushed away improperly and they were a big part of the heart of the site. That site decided to go more commercial and charge for local businesses to get exposure when Cumberline always allowed it. His goal was to promote the area not himself. The only thing he didn't allow was real estate because the background backing of the site was a real-estate company. I never created this site to compete with LakeCumberland.com, instead it was created because several of us were quite chatty and that unnerved him at times. lol Sometimes he allowed it and sometimes he would make Bob smack us down. lol Anyway we had a page at BoatingTodayTv that $pareChange arranged but they went a little under and we lost it so I created this page with the backing of $pare, CRWKY, LC Addict, and Fasterthanyou. (hopefully I didn't forget someone). So here we are....

Back to why some of us are not there, like me I assume they also don't care for the NEW agreement that had to be accepted by long time members either so at least for me, I never accepted it. I also as stated above did not like the way it went with just being a revenue generator.

As for the slowness of posts or infrequency some of you mentioned about here. Like I said 99.999% of what is posted is on the FB group now. https://www.facebook.com/groups/58577325800
I DO try to post here from time to time to document some of the items and photos we share on Facebook. I have been quite busy the past couple of years and that has no sign of letting up so I am not doing it as much as I should. Hopefully some of the other forum members will pitch in and help with that as its good in case Facebook goes away one day or kills groups so we have a central spot to fall back to.

You DO NOT have to sign up to Facebook with your name. You can do the same as the forums and come up with a alias such as ... let me think of some good "random ones" like Wing Man or Sailor Bob. ;-) There are many others as well like LP Boater etc. etc. This thread on FB might stir some ole characters to memory for you https://www.facebook.com/groups/5857732 ... 536110801/ but there are many more there than in this list. We have had the groups since at least 09 if not before http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum/ ... 24&p=51070

We are there on FB and we miss some of you as well. We are also good with dialog here as many still log in and check but most of the time the activity is elsewhere.

I don't expect you to abandon LakeCumberland.com like I did. I wish the new owners would and give it back to one of the families or someone that cares about its original intent. I don't plan to show back up while certain people are not reconciled with and while it is purely commercial as I don't plan to give it anymore hits for the $.

You are WELCOME to join us here and on FB. We are all still "Boaters" of that great Lake in Southern KY.

Major pluses of FB are that you get instant photos and videos of the lake. Not just recorded videos but LIVE STREAM. Its pretty cool especially during storm season or major events. Like I said, create an alias and try it. You will see some drama as there are over 20,000 members but we do our best to dial it back and I now have more help. When you join read the pinned post first. lol It has evolved over the years to try to help curb the drama and make any ads not benefit me BUT THE MEMBERS instead.

Regards

E
LCB FB 7-6-2017.png
LCB FB 7-6-2017.png (532.77 KiB) Viewed 4380 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: To the Members at LakeCumberland.com lol

Post by Lock5 »

Great post E., hopefully one of the three left over there will see it!
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Great post, E!

And, to our "friends" who are still using lc.com, I must tell you that Eric's FB site is excellent (took me a week or so to get the hang of Facebook but the site is very busy with a bunch of members from all over). Lots of Members helped me with FB.

I had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and still a bit under the meds but, as soon as I am able, I will continue to participate here and on the Facebook site.

Captain Bob (aka "Sailor Bob")
{Just a member of both sites - not an admin or anything} I love it!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Captain Bob wrote:Great post, E!

And, to our "friends" who are still using lc.com, I must tell you that Eric's FB site is excellent (took me a week or so to get the hang of Facebook but the site is very busy with a bunch of members from all over). Lots of Members helped me with FB.

I had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and still a bit under the meds but, as soon as I am able, I will continue to participate here and on the Facebook site.

Prayers for a speedy recovery if that's your thing........ O:-)
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Thank you Lock5. Nice to have friends who care. My best wishes to you.
Wife has Parkinson's. We will be 75 this month. Being caregiver just overwhelmed me. We have been fortunate. Enjoy every day like it's your last.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Captain Bob wrote:Great post, E!

Prayers Captain... Hope you are back to 100% ASAP...
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Thank you "Rooster". Nice to have friends who care. My best wishes to you.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Captain Bob wrote:Thank you Lock5. Nice to have friends who care. My best wishes to you.
Wife has Parkinson's. We will be 75 this month. Being caregiver just overwhelmed me. We have been fortunate. Enjoy every day like it's your last.
Gosh Bob, I didn't know about the stroke! You and the wife are in my prayers!
I too give thanks every day since 'all' my health issues. Hang in there buddy! (NW)
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Thank you, Nervous. I do recall that you've also had some. My best to you.

We are all getting "older" even though (most of us) don't think that way. I often think of the days on the Lake 10-15-20 years ago when everything was fun -and often silly. Things seem different these days. Don't think I'd enjoy boating as much....
DrNautica
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by DrNautica »

Captain Bob,

Just read of your stroke and am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you friend for a complete and rapid recovery! I would love to reconnect when you are able. I've always considered you as one of the finer gentlemen to have graced discussions of Lake Cumberland - always knowledgeable and always helpful!

Cheers my Friend!
Dave
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Dr, Nautica, Thank You for your note. I am completely unworthy of the compliment that you have passed.

I am recovering well and, when time allows, I enjoy this Forum as well as Eric's Facebook site. My wife and I will be 75 this coming week and I hope to continue "visiting" with our Lake Cumberland Friends for a few more years.

I greatly miss chatting with you and some of the other old lc.com team. They still block my access and, when I do use another access point and login name with a member, they block that access as well. I suppose that they must be reading/monitoring everyone's posts.

Best wishes and happy boating, my Friend.

Return to “General Talk”