ownership and rights

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

ownership and rights

Post by Nebrios »

Question...If you own it,are you entitled to do with it whatever you please...mod your cars ecm,your pc,your phone,your gaming console,any software or firmware..should the maker have the power to control its product beyond its purchase..
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: ownership and rights

Post by E_ »

There are software systems that in their license prevent you from tampering. I agree it is BS, if it is yours you should be allowed to customize it for YOUR use. If they start it with cars I am certainly in trouble. lol They should have the power to control you remarketing under their name certainly but not anything else. Whipple would have sure had a issue with Ford and GM with that kind of mindset. lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Re: ownership and rights

Post by Nebrios »

Gm will ne the ones to spearhead it...

Return to “General Talk”