D-Day

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

D-Day

Post by Pop-O »

Another rolls around. Not many of the "Greatest" generation left now, so I suppose that is why few even recognize this day any more. Lexington paper all caught up with preppy billionaires and their horse. Did not see any mention of this great day in history. Many made sacrifices, over there and here at home. Can you even imagine not being able to buy shoes, coffee, sugar, tires - gas - oil. Compare the leaders from those years FDR Truman Ike Churchill to what we have now. Makes me sick to think about these losers we have directing our once great country now.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: D-Day

Post by E_ »

You beat me to it Pop, I have it on my calendar every year.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Yep, I knew you did.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Since there are two Dday post I figured Id use this one since the tone is about the rememberance...I like you have seen the lack of respect and caring for our history...so that brings me to this..and hopefully those in the educational system can chime in...if not I can understand. This Nation, its history and its constitution is being phased out ,slowly and surely.. It starts with the "race to the top" and ends up in our schools as parcc testing...otherwise known as common core....if you are a parent and care for your childs education and future...op them out of all the teasting..do not sign any forms for opting out..and it is not the law in any way that you child has to take this test...I have spoken with faculty and administration on this,behind closed doors,and have been admired for standing up against this testing...why behind closed doors? They all fear losing their jobs..why? Because the Race to the top is a contest between states for a very large amount of money..and if any school official speaks out about it, they are terminated. How does this relate to this post...common was designed to literally dumb down the generations to come..the testing is stressful to the students and gets in the way of their grades..instead of a child having many grades for one subject for a quarterly average they will only have several grades for that average..my child only had 3 grades in math for a whole quarter,5 in another and so on. The kids are being taught to the parcc test instead of actually learning what they should be..It is rumored that some subjects wont be taught anymore to make room for the parcc testing preperations..among those...social studies and american history..and it is also rumored that Koran will be implemented in the testing in the future..

with that said..we opted our child out...we printed up material for him to do while he sat in a room for the length of this testing..only five children opted out of the whole system..after the testing was finished a box of candy bars was passed around the room for the kids to have"one a piece"..when this box was passed to my child the teacher told him he could not have one since he didn't take the test...far fetched? NO...try explaining that to an 11 year old..there is no conspiracy here..this is all factual..do your research,your homework..do it for your kids and grand kids..all this because there are billions of dollars at stake for the state that post the best scores..and the children are the ones losing out..
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Unfortunately most people/parents today are more concerned with getting little Johnny/Jane to the right ballgame/gymnastics class, with the right brand shoes/shirt on to be bothered by dates in history.

I spoke with both my children yesterday about what D-Day was.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

My wife was a teacher. She loved her work. She retired because of the "Portfolio" stupidity that she was having to do. You couldn't call it teaching, it was a time consuming WASTE of time. She was certainly not the only teacher to get out early because of this. She now subs at the ECC in our hometown.

Return to “General Talk”