Cabin Electric Question - Power Off Meter?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MPII

Cabin Electric Question - Power Off Meter?

Post by MPII »

So, growing up always had a cabin in the woods. My Brother and I are building a Cabin and out of nowhere I thought, what if the electric is out for some reason and we don't know it? If there's food in the Fridge, how do we know if it was out for two days, the food spoils, the electric comes back on, cools everything down, then we don't know.

I said, "well, the clocks will be blinking" but that still doesn't tell me how long it is out?

Is this a stupid thought or has anyone else ever thought of this? My point about always having a cabin is, I've never gotten sick in 37 years, but for someone this just came to me today??????? Weird.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
Nebrios

Re: Cabin Electric Question - Power Off Meter?

Post by Nebrios »

best bet is to buy a thermometer for inside the fridge that tells you what the min and max temps have been...
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

A lot of people place a piece of ice in the freezer, if its not there, it was off too long.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

...and then you have things like this. http://www.protectedhome.com/homesitter ... -l-en.html
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “General Talk”