Careful what food you eat

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Jaybird
Better Member

Careful what food you eat

Post by Jaybird »

Received this email from a somewhat reliable source. ;)
   Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing farm in the USA was sold in September to China with the unanimous support of its stockholders!! The hogs will still be raised here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here.  This includes labels of: 

�    Morrell

�    Eckrich 

�    Krakus 

�    Cudahy 

�    Premium Hams 

�    Cook's 

�    Gwaltney 

The same with many chickens.  They can now be shipped there, but when they come back all that needs to be labelled is that they  WERE RAISED IN THE USA .  Not that they were processed in China !!! 

Our great FDA at work again.  The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast food restaurants for sandwiches, along with schools and supermarkets.  The China slaughter and processing are not nearly equal to the requirements here. 

*BAD FOOD.* 

We recently learned that Starkist Tunais now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S.concerning quality, safety, and records, which Korea refuses to produce. 

Read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China ? 

Also, I had just returned home from buying  Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapiafor the price of one?  Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, " China " 

read all the way to the end..... 

Recently a Food inspector on TV... said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. It is enough to make you throw up.  Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up.  Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed raw sewage daily.  He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it.  They raise this filth, put some food colouring and some flavourings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors.  They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends. 

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy: 

�    Green Giant frozen vegetablesare from China, and so are most of Europe 's Best. 

�    Arctic Gardens are OK, so is Birdseye. 

*Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or*, the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world; U. S. is next. 

*Buy only local honey*, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here. 

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria.  Doesn't work anyway, big scam. 

If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware.  If produce, ask an employee.  Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". We don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.  The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store. 

Go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year. 

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom.  It's important for all of us. 

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U. S. or Canada ?  FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGESSAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. - SO, for a FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE  * LIBERTY *  BRAND.  *GOLD BRAND or THE DOLE IS from CALIFORNIA *. 

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA .  THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT.  MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH. 

*Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article* by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken $h1t. 

If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed;  eg: growth hormones, expired anti- biotic from humans?  Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comesfrom these countries:  Vietnam , China , Philippines

Check this out personally.  Steinfeld ' s Pickles are made in India- just as bad!  Another example is in canned mushrooms.  No-Name brand came from Indonesialittle fruit.  They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China.  Most sold in Aldi stores. 

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!  Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended. 

Well, duh ! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?  SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA and the U. S.  Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all.  You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without. 

THINK ABOUT THIS:  If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, thats a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favour ... fast!  The downside?  Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.  Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports.  Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.  *START NOW and don't stop, and tell your friends* 

Send this to everybody you know.  Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted. *Start reading labels more closely and buy something else even if it cost a few cents more*. 

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Careful what food you eat

Post by E_ »

(*$%)#$(*#)(&*$)(_*&$()#@$&*(*!!!!!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_ wrote:(*$%)#$(*#)(&*$)(_*&$()#@$&*(*!!!!!
DITTO x 1,000,000,000! X( :-s :ymsigh: X(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Good information..Thanks!
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Oh boy...my fav topic...nice article but i feel its a lil misleading at the end...the boycott economic thing...boycott all you want youll be barking up the wrong tree..thats what our lovely gubment wants...and in the mean time our gubment will have the fda tighten up harder and harder on whats left of the organic farmers until they go bankrupt...monsanto will keep pounding the non gmo farmer till there is none left..ah hell forget about it..waste of our breath..we are nobodies in this country..big corp and big pharma are your king and queen. And if you go against their grain youll be brutalized if not killed by their new era police...

As for the crap we consume and call it food ,heres what i use for reference...
http://www.traditionaloven.com/articles ... s-to-avoid

This one has a pic on the right that shows what big corp owns what little organic place,which are no longer organic.
http://www.cornucopia.org/

Now for the main trick...in order for a place to sell these fake organics,they are required to have at least one truly organic item..

Milks...lol..thats a really nasty one...lets see ...ingredients...water,milk,puss,steroids and antibiotics...mmmm

Chicken...shame on you tyson

Beef...fed gmo corn all their lives..a walking ecoli sesspool...knee deep in their own crap all day unable to move around do to over crowding,and pumped full of antibiotics to fight the infection caused from their feces eating at their legs..pumped full of steroids.

Fish farms...destroying the oceans floor...high mercury build up in the fish..tilapia..might as well eat out of the septic tank..mmm

Pigs...need i go there..

Back to my hole...
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Nebrios wrote: Milks...lol..thats a really nasty one...lets see ...ingredients...water,milk,puss,steroids and antibiotics...mmmm
Beef...fed gmo corn all their lives..a walking ecoli sesspool...knee deep in their own crap all day unable to move around do to over crowding,and pumped full of antibiotics to fight the infection caused from their feces eating at their legs..pumped full of steroids.
Glad I don't get my beef where you're shopping. Ours free graze and eat non GMO feed in the winter. No Antibiotics and no steroids. They walk in nice clean pastures. ..ps our farm is at the upper end of a water shed so no upstream worries either. Just have to have good ponds as once the spring rains are gone water can get scarce in the summer but having 20 acres of water seems to have solved that. lol

As for the milk puss etc. I don't think I believe that...
http://dairycarrie.com/2013/03/05/is-there-pus-in-milk/
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ulti ... 000822;p=1
http://www.dairymoos.com/is-there-pus-in-milk/
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

I have to admit,i never heard the blood one befor..as for those links..i can agree with them somewhat..heres my issue...dairy cows are given steroids to promote their milk to be able to produce around the clock..mechanical pumpers pull the whole teet inside them..the teet never gets a rest causing infection from lack of air..cow is fed antibiotic...i cant see the use of dyes but can see small amounts of pus being possible...

My beef comes from a very well known farmer,grass fed...no corn at all..my poultry from the amish. My milk,if i can get it comes from private farmers...but ill settle for hartzlers milk..the only milk i can find that is the real deal.
Maybe you can talk me into buying one of your moo moos
When the time comes..
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I've been to dairy farms that our local Kroger gets their milk from. No steroids, no 24/7 most of the time they are out grazing and just milk twice a day.
http://www.alpinehillsdairy.com/index.html is one of them but their http://countrypumpkinsky.com/FAQ.html page has more info
Questions About our Dairy Farm

Q. How many cows do you have?
A. We are milking approximately 65 cows 2x a day, 365 days a year, but we also have around 60 more head of dairy cattle on our farm that are not old enough to be milked yet. Also, we have 60 Black Angus cow/calf pairs. They keep us busy!

Q. What kind of cows do you have?
A. Most of our dairy cows are Brown Swiss, but we also have a number of Holsteins (black and white which is the most popular breed in the US.)

Q. Are you a family farm?
A. Yes we are! Papaw Joe Colson started the farm in 1947. It is now owned by his son, Dean, and Dean's wife, Debbie. Dean and Debbie's son, Matthew (along with his wife, Shelley) also work full-time on the dairy farm. You can follow Shelley's blog about dairy farm life here.

Q. How big is your farm?
A. Our farm is 250 acres, but we also rent other land in the area to raise corn and hay for our cows and to use as pasture.

Ahhh, keepin it local. ;-)

Return to “General Talk”