Happy National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Happy National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!

Post by E_ »

I think this is the first one...

Thank you to those who serve and protect.

On January 9th, 2015, Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc. and partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote a National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.)
Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement are encouraged to take time on Friday, January 9th to show their support by:

Attending Local events

If you are unable to attend a local event, you can show your support in a number of ways:

• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement

• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency

• Share a positive story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media

• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement

• Participate in Project Blue Light. Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.

• Change your profile picture on social media to the attached image
Attachments
Story.jpg
Story.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Happy National Law Enforcement Day!

Post by E_ »

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/27792692/n ... iation-day
Friday is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day

Posted: Jan 08, 2015 11:49 AM EST

Updated: Jan 08, 2015 3:57 PM EST

By MyFoxDC.com Web Producer

WASHINGTON - Organizations across the United States will recognize Friday as National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.

The group Concerns of Police Survivors (or C.O.P.S.) is partnering with organizations across the country to promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. In a news release about it, C.O.P.S. said that in light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show that citizens recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career members of law enforcement have chosen, in public service to their country.

They're calling for citizens to take action in support of law enforcement in a number of ways, including:

- Thank an officer for what they do

- Wear blue to support law enforcement

- Share positive stories about your law enforcement experiences on social media

- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency

- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement

Participate in Project Blue Light, and display a blue light in support of law enforcement.

We want to see YOUR photos of the law enforcement officers you'd like to salute on National Law Enforcement Day. Post your pics on our FOX 5 DC Facebook page or tweet us @fox5newsdc. Don't forget to tell us the person's name, the organization they work for, and anything else you'd like us to know. We might show your photos on FOX 5 News!
E_
Site Admin

Re: Happy National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!

Post by E_ »

Ttt
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ttt
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LEO Appreciation.png
LEO Appreciation.png (780.47 KiB) Viewed 2578 times

Return to “General Talk”