computer security

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Jaybird
Better Member

computer security

Post by Jaybird »

I have been using Trend Micro for a number of years as my tech security for desktop, tablets and smart phones. Haven't had an issue with them other than loosing a few days of coverage to renew year to year. Just tossing it out there to see if there is an alternative security software company. Some programs can be cpu hogs and really slow things down.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: computer security

Post by E_ »

I also use trend and like it as it doesn't have as much bloatware. Many use AVG etc. but since I get a good suite free for home from work, I use it. I think Panda is more on the upper scale now as is 360
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I love it when you guys talk techie. I have to re-up my security too and I know next to nothing about it. IT from work uses Trend (for his personal pc) so I thought I would go that way.

E, what is the difference between Trend, Panda & 360? Basically the same? :-\ (side note: I won't even do banking online regardless of security program, just don't trust it or myself to be secure enough...)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Trend is paid and more customer service if needed.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

I got Trend Micro Premium Security from Amazon for about $40. It is for 1 year and 5 devices. Desktop, tablet and 3 smart phones. I am too old for this crap anymore. :) What concerned me is it doesn't say anything about 2015 on the box but did on the order. Perhaps Trend is doing a different format this year. There is another Trend security that offers more support than the Premium called Premium Plus I think.

Return to “General Talk”