water powered generator

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

water powered generator

Post by Nebrios »

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory: ... l_Websites

These are supposed to go on sale mid december...
JLA

Re: water powered generator

Post by JLA »

I'd have to see it in action. Not a pioneer kind of guy with new technology. Would be nice for my RV if it does what it says.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Post by weedbeater17 »

If'in it works .... It would be the cat's meow for houseboats..........
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Last edited by Captain Bob on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Cool!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Water-powered generator? Old stuff! I'll hold off until this is available on Amazon(Prime): The Fleischmann Singularity
Size of a D-cell battery with enough power to light a whole city. Only hurdle to currently overcome is that, once started, all of Mars has a total blackout. Or, was that Venus?
http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2014 ... ngularity/
;)

Seriously, as college freshmen learn in Physics,Total Energy is finite. You can change it's "state" but you cannot "create" Energy from literally "nothing". So-called inventors have been trying since the Stone Age but the little matter of the Laws of Energy keep the dream elusive.
http://staff.jccc.net/pdecell/metabolism/thermodyn.html

I fear the same for the "water-powered generator". Even water wheels, wind turbines, etc. require more energy to make them operate than they produce.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_efficiency
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Buuutt, I thought the other link you posted said this one was legit. Stop confusing me Bob! Lol
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

E_ wrote:Buuutt, I thought the other link you posted said this one was legit. Stop confusing me Bob! Lol
Well the photo looked "legit". It "looks" like some kind of device and it is labeled as a generator. I wonder, however, if it will really "work" (hucksters have been selling stuff like that for many years).

In my 2nd post, I was providing some basic laws of physics (I used to teach that stuff) that would tell us that you simply cannot make a useful amount electricity from a container of water, a small HP water pump and two batteries. It would take far more "energy" to generate the electricity to charge those batteries than that simple "water-wheel" could possibly provide. (It would have a Negative power efficiency)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014076510A1?cl=en

must be something to it...heres one of the patents
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Interesting thing .. In the US, you can patent just about anything that has not been patented before. You do not need to have blueprints (a drawing often suffices), you do not have to build one (it can be a patent for something that requires technology not yet available) so, it follows that it does not have to work. There are patents for man-powered ornithopters (humanly impossible), underwater cities, machines that bore holes to the center of the earth and (many) for "extra-terrestrial vehicles". Basically, you are securing the "rights" to an idea that has not been proposed in detail before (patented).

I suppose that, if the "product" ever goes on the market, we'll all know if it works -or is more efficient than a good Kohler or Westerbeke.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I was just saying I had instantly dismissed it until you posted on the 3rd. lol

Return to “General Talk”