WAZE App for Driving

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

WAZE App for Driving

Post by E_ »

https://www.waze.com/

Ok, several people on LakeCumberland.com mentioned the WAZE app in threads about traffic jams etc. I; like Captain Bob has stated on there as well, - thought that since Google maps / navigation had a feed from Waze that two apps were not necessary.

I couldn't have been MORE WRONG.

Yesterday I got behind a vehicle that had the waze sticker. ...and since I was in standstill traffic I took the time to download it and register, log in.

Not only was it WAAAAAAY more informative. It was also fun. You certainly get alerts on it that you DO NOT get in the other navigation apps. I am impressed and plan to play with it some more. This morning I encountered a speed trap that was not reported and tried to report it but I have not yet learned how to report those and make them stick. I clicked to report it and identified the type etc. but didn't see it appear on the map. Anyway. Big +1 from me on this app. PS, it is cool when you pass other waze users on the map (not that I was looking at the screen lol)
See also - https://www.waze.com/

PS, I75 in Madison County KY is shut down both north and south until at lest 12:30 ET today MM90-97 See lex18.com for more info http://www.lex18.com/news/i-75-in-madis ... t-12-30pm/
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: WAZE App for Driving

Post by re3too »

E's playin' wif his waze! TMI! :D :p :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

=))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

And from a PC...
Attachments
Waze (Custom).JPG
Waze (Custom).JPG (80.88 KiB) Viewed 3899 times
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

When you mentioned waze, I couldn't remember why I previously had it and deleted it. So I reinstalled and found out the reason. :( The program grabbed my contacts and duplicated them in waze. So when contacts were brought up on my phone there were doubles of everything. :-o I know that permisson was not given to incorporate my contacts into waze. Waze does have that option and I did not choose it. Other than that, waze was a good informative addition to the phone. Although it can have an appetite for battery and data .
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Didn't do that to me. Must be a user error. Lol
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Probably :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Still using and enjoying. Did take a few erratic course changes yesterday in such a manner that it cause the app to freeze up and close. lol Traffic was REALLY bad and I took some non mapped alleys. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Waze app has been very handy on the Louisville commute.

The Elvis voice makes it even more enjoyable
Attachments
elvis.png
elvis.png (234.65 KiB) Viewed 3740 times
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Been using Waze for quite a while. I give it a LIKE.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !

Return to “General Talk”