Help me E, I'm torn....

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Help me E, I'm torn....

Post by imaposer »

Buying a new truck. Do I buy the tundra, made in Texas sourced with global parts, or buy the GMC crew cab made in Mexico with global sourced parts? Sorry, those are the two choices I'm down to. Dodge lost me after my last truck, ford with their handling of our lemon focus we bought last year. They eventually fixed it, but poor customer service from the local dealer all the way to the regional service rep we had to deal with had us selling it as soon as we thought it was fixed and we weren't dumping a continuing problem on the next guy.
So, which is the more American truck to buy? :-?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Help me E, I'm torn....

Post by E_ »

Dodge lost me too with my last one.

Ford F250 made in Louisville

or my pick the Chevrolet/GMC 2500 HD made in FLINT MICHIGAN ;-) Same as the 1500 you must be looking at BUT much more sturdy and you can get them to the 1500 price if you know what you are doing. ;-) (well unless you get greedy and look at the diesel. lol)

Dolphin wouldn't listen to me and got the Tundra and rode me about it. ....until he rode in it and tried to do stuff with it.

He ended up with a Harley Davidson Edition F150 and loves it. And its also USA.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

I'm looking at the 1500 denali crew cab. The 2500 is way overkill for me, and I hate having to pay extra for plates and insurance just to have a heavy duty truck I don't really need. Don't want the heavy duty ride either as this will be the family luxury car 98% of it's time, along with the twice a year boat toter. I may hold off for a few more months just to see the all new F150. If it's impressive enough, maybe I'll overlook the horrible experience with them over our focus and give them another chance.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

As with all car lines when you step up the model the service level goes up too. ...well except for the fiat version of Dodge....
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

JMO on this...GMC or Chevy. ;)

Too bad Dodge lost out on the market! :(

'E', how do you like that Allison trans?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Knock on wood so far so good. Can't believe how it shifts. Its like I was running the gears myself, even gears down for me when I want to slow down.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Iffin you want to step up to the big boy trucks.........Dodge still has the Cummins.

Return to “General Talk”