March 2nd and 3rd 2014 ice and snow storm

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

March 2nd and 3rd 2014 ice and snow storm

Post by E_ »

so it's already 31 degrees in Leesburg and Oxford and georgetown with light to moderate rain at times I don't know if that's a good sign that maybe we'll just go ahead and switch the snow or if the temperatures are just going to stabilize and that means ice all day how are things where you guys are?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Re: March 2nd and 3rd 2014 ice and snow storm

Post by Pop-O »

36 degrees and falling in Lawrenceburg. Had rain earlier, none now but on the way.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Was 30 over at the farm and was raining when I left but no ice. Leesburg in the last hour has crept back up to 32.5
weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Post by weedbeater17 »

My thoughts exactly...
Attachments
1891079_237072766488658_955019016_n.jpg
1891079_237072766488658_955019016_n.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 4552 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lol. Nothing to write home about just yet. I hear northern KY is slick but nuttin in my area yet. Trees have a Lil ice about 20'+ up.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Back up to 36 here and rain has stopped. Rob has been to Kroger 3 times for bread milk and gasoline. Lot of rain south of us.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

What are ya'll talkin' about? 3 hour continuous boat ride today.....down the bayou, down the rive, out in south Tampa Bay, up the river, back down the river, and back up the bayou to our marina! :D ;;) :-* #:-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

well I was definitely unimpressed and hopeful earlier we had missed it but in the last hour conditions have deteriorated quite a bit. Lots of wrecks in my area already.

Meanwhile Re3 has been out Barneymugging. LOL
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FUE! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lol, I love ya re3.

Wkyt/wdky calling for major icing to be down in the lake area. If they are right I would expect power outages down there. If you rely on power for your boat or summer home in that area I would certainly be alert. Here in north central Kentucky its mostly sleet and eventually snow.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

IMG_20140302_221716.jpg
IMG_20140302_221716.jpg (186.36 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just texted my brother in law who is just a couple miles north of the lake above the private docks between fishing creek and Conley. He said still just rain right now but should be switching over soon.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just shoveled about a inch that accumulated over my well salted driveway and before I was done in about 20 minutes another quarter of an inch came down before I salted again. If that keeps up it'll be deep come morning.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Shoveled another 4-5 inches this morning before going to work. By the time I was done it was once again coated. Snowed pretty heavy all the way to Lexington.

Return to “General Talk”