The world according to hard alcohol

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

The world according to hard alcohol

Post by E_ »

http://qz.com/169615/the-world-accordin ... d-alcohol/

I call BS or at the least they should show KY and TN as their own lil country. lol At the very least break down the USA in regions.
Attachments
liquor-map21.png
liquor-map21.png (147.12 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: The world according to hard alcohol

Post by E_ »

Article on it
https://www.yahoo.com/food/booze-map-of ... 73147.html

Booze Map of the World Crushes Our Spirits

Alex Van Buren
Jan 24, 2014

America! We have some work to do.

Not only are we not trumping the world’s other superpowers in the caffeine department, we are also drinking inferior booze.

We are, apparently, one vodka-drinking nation.

News site Quartz has assembled data from Euromonitor, a market research company, to create this map showing which country prefers which spirit (when given the choice among gin, vodka, rum, whiskey, tequila, and brandy). Although more than half the world prefers whiskey to any other spirit, most Americans belly up to the bar and pick vodka.

It’s possible that vodka drinkers are smarter than our bourbon-loving staffers. Even the worst vodka apparently causes you less horrible hangovers than expensive bourbon.

Click on over for the engrossing data; apparently the Dutch are gin-drinking fiends, and Italians go for rum. If nothing else, it’ll get you in the mindset for happy hour.

[via Quartz]
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Re: The world according to hard alcohol

Post by JLA »

I live in the wrong country (according to this). I need my whisky, Makers Mark, of course. :ymhug:
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........

Return to “General Talk”