Made in USA but possibly owned by Japan if deal goes through

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Made in USA but possibly owned by Japan if deal goes through

Post by E_ »

WTF? and they say when this was announced shares rose? Really? lol Not in Bourbon country they won't. Guess this means I will not be inclined to purchase Jim Beam and Marker's Mark alcohol brands if it happens. (to tell the truth I might not really have much in the past 3 years anyway) Oh well thank God for the Heaven Hill Distillery that makes Elijah Craig, Evan Williams, etc. as they are privately held and family owned and actually have true BEAM family as their Master Distillers! and I might be leaning more on the Barton Brand 100 proof line for the cheaper mix... (even if they do have their administrative offices in Louisiana.. lol) Japan? Really? Will it become the official drink of Toyota? lol

Business News
Beam.jpg
Beam.jpg (44.02 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
42 minutes 58 seconds ago

Japanese Company Buying Spirits Maker Beam

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Beam, the maker of Jim Beam and Marker's Mark alcohol brands, has agreed to be acquired by Japan's Suntory Holdings Ltd. for approximately $13.62 billion.

Shares of the spirits maker rose in Monday premarket trading.

Suntory will pay $83.50 per share, a 25 percent premium to Beam's Friday closing price of $66.97. The companies put the deal's value at about $16 billion, including debt.

Suntory has a portfolio of spirits, with whiskies including Yamazaki and Hakushu as well as Midori liqueur and other beverages.

Suntory already distributes Beam's products in Japan. Beam distributes Suntory's products in Singapore and other Asian markets.

Both companies' boards unanimously approved the transaction, which is targeted to close in the second quarter.

It needs approval from Beam Inc. stockholders.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
JimBeamJapaneseOutpost.JPG
JimBeamJapaneseOutpost.JPG (36 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Re: Made in USA but possibly owned by Japan if deal goes thr

Post by JLA »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Say it ain't so. :( :(( :((
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........

Return to “General Talk”