Duck Dynasty VS. A & E

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

JLA

Duck Dynasty VS. A & E

Post by JLA »

So who wins this fight?

Phil Robertson is asked a question by G Q magazine, he answers truthfully and honestly and is thrown under the bus by A & E. It is not a secret the way the Robertson's feel about their faith, family and the show. When the show first aired, A & E tried to cut out the prayers at the dinner table at the end of each show, Phil said No! So is this a revenge tactic for that "concession"?

In case you can't tell, I'm a fan of the show. I went to see the Robertson's when they came to the KY State Fair this summer. What a great bunch of down to earth people. They are extremely devoted to the church and their families and don't care who knows it. Whether you agree or disagree with what Phil said, should he be punished for speaking his beliefs when asked? It's not like he went out looking for a press conference to voice his views. G Q knew what his answer would be and that was going to sell more magazines.

Why are we required to agree with some groups view of what is right or wrong. Last time I checked we all live in the United States of America where we are free to express our feelings. Stop apologizing for having an opinion and expressing it. We have the military men and women to thank for that right. I am so sick of everyone telling me what to say and how I'm supposed to say it. We wouldn't want to offend anyone. Well I'm offended!! I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life, but if you want to know what I believe in, I'll be glad to tell you.

I hope the Duck Dynasty gang tells A & E where to put their suspension of Phil. Networks should be lining up to take over the show.

This whole issue just really pi$$es me off. X( X( Okay I'm better now. :D
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Duck Dynasty VS. A & E

Post by Lock5 »

:ymapplause:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

A & E has the right to suspend but they shouldn't be acting all surprised about it. DD is not something I watch but obviously they have a huge audience. Personally I hope DD waddles away and gets picked up by someone who wants the money and is not interested in gagging folks. This PC crap has got to go. I don't believe in calling people names (unless it's Hillman) but that does not mean you cannot express an opinion! Sheesh! :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I agree with RE3 for the most part. lol there is one part ( ) that I don't lol.

A&E KNEW who and what they had on their hands, they should not be surprised and should suck it up. Even on "Access Hollywood" last night there was someone from a Gay Organization that said they should not have "suspended" him and should have known that was his views all along.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
JLA

Post by JLA »

GLAAD has received a huge firestorm of negative comments and threats over their position regarding Phil's comments.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

It seems to me that, like the chick fil a guy, this was a loaded question...or more like an attack on Christianity....How bout we put a muslim in the hot seat and ask him what he thinks of lgbt....oh that's right...that will never happen. We don't want to hurt their feelings.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Nebrios wrote:It seems to me that, like the chick fil a guy, this was a loaded question...or more like an attack on Christianity....How bout we put a muslim in the hot seat and ask him what he thinks of lgbt....oh that's right...that will never happen. We don't want to hurt their feelings.
Amen....

(Am I allowed to say that?) :-?
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

JLA wrote:
Nebrios wrote:It seems to me that, like the chick fil a guy, this was a loaded question...or more like an attack on Christianity....How bout we put a muslim in the hot seat and ask him what he thinks of lgbt....oh that's right...that will never happen. We don't want to hurt their feelings.
Amen....

(Am I allowed to say that?) :-?
I guess we will find out in a few days if you upset some anti christian movement.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

JLA wrote:GLAAD has received a huge firestorm of negative comments and threats over their position regarding Phil's comments.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

What a patriot!
Attachments
DD.jpg
DD.jpg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 3536 times

Return to “General Talk”