Road Report

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Road Report

Post by E_ »

Ok,

Where are you and what is it like where you are?

Currently at 1:50PM EST in the middle of Lexington it is around 32 degrees and the roads are just wet, no slick spots coming back from lunch. Don't see any icing in trees either but the rain/drizzle continues to come. Thus far it about matches what the weather guys were saying this morning for here.
Attachments
BHLEX.JPG
BHLEX.JPG (48.88 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Road Report

Post by E_ »

Was just told in the big town of Leesburg, KY it is raining a little and there is a small amount of ice on the trees.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Louisville report - "A Smith - Oh no it's a solid sheet of ice on Watterson! We just got on 64 and it's not as bad! Some ice just not a solid sheet

about a minute ago via mobile · Like"
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

86 and dry here! :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No one asked for a snow bird report! Lol. 30 in lex with rain. Roads just wet , ice forming on trees
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Roads never worried me. I never failed to make it to work because of snow-ice. What worries me is seeing my trees ice up. Never understood why, when we have ice storm power outages, we are the last area turned back on when we have underground service! An ice storm is exactly the reason I would never depend on a bilge heater to keep my houseboat motors from freezing. I would imagine the dock would be one of the last places to get power back.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well not long after that post I got within a mile of the house. Road from there on was covered with slush ice. Driveway is covered but now salted.

Fire has been stoked and more wood brought in to dry. Stay safe everyone
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

When I came in the snow covered the roads but was duty and just blew off as you drove over it. Road underneath was dry and traction was good. Sounds like getting a little slicker out there now.

Also here is a pic from around 640am or something like that in Monticello. Glad the lake gang is getting to see some snow.

lex18.jpg
lex18.jpg (2.94 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
LEX 18
2 hours ago aka 640am et

Snow is beginning to collect in Monticello! LEX18 viewer Valissa Dobbs sent us this photo of her snow-covered porch. What kind of weather are you seeing where you are?
Monticello 12-10-2013.jpg
Monticello 12-10-2013.jpg (41.03 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lexington
Attachments
Lexington Webcam 845am 12102013.jpg
Lexington Webcam 845am 12102013.jpg (61.39 KiB) Viewed 6586 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Purdy from afar! :D ;;) :-*
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Nashville Wreaks everywhere. The roads were not that bad they just have never learned in TN that you can't drive 80 on ice. 2.5 hours to get to work usually 40 minutes.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Cincinnati has the same problem. Too fast, or too slow. I saw both this week. One lady was just stopped in the middle of the road, on a downhill grade, with her flashers on. I finally went around her and didn't see anything wrong with her car, she was just sitting there.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Today roads were clear but I would swear inside the city limits of Lexington they were slicker this morning than they were yesterday with snow on them. Lots of slippery spots this am where I could feel the tires want to spin or slide where you could not tell there was anything. Saw a truck that spun around and went backwards across oncoming traffic lane on Nicholasville road and landed on a embankment on the other side this morning. My guess is they whipped out into the turn lane and black ice took over from there.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

The sand at the beach today was a lil slippery...had to tread carefully! :D ;;) :-*
JLA

Post by JLA »

L-) :ymtongue: =; X(
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

JLA wrote:L-) :ymtongue: =; X(
You talkin' to me? O:-) :ymhug: :D
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

Watch out for those sand sharks, they might just grab you. To be honest you can have all the beachs in the world I will take the lake spring, summer, fall, and yes I love it there in the winter. :ymhug:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Me too!
Meanwhile.jpg
Meanwhile.jpg (41.2 KiB) Viewed 6548 times

Oh and Re3,
Re3 and GWW.jpg
Re3 and GWW.jpg (61.49 KiB) Viewed 6548 times
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

That sand looks a lot like yellow snow and people go bare foot on it. Not me!!! :)) :)) 8-}
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Hillman....... :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

No Patience wrote: To be honest you can have all the beachs in the world I will take the lake spring, summer, fall, and yes I love it there in the winter. :ymhug:
I used to feel that way too, but GWW just can't take the cold anymore so we split the time. We don't spend a lot of time at the beach. We have found lots to do without going to the beach all the time! B-)
JLA

Post by JLA »

re3too wrote:
JLA wrote:L-) :ymtongue: =; X(
You talkin' to me? O:-) :ymhug: :D

Just tired of shoveling snow. I'll be down in a month to see that big rat in Orlando for my nieces dance competition. :ymhug:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:We have found lots to do without going to the beach all the time! B-)
beaches-BINGO.jpg
beaches-BINGO.jpg (15.15 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
th.jpg
th.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
th2.jpg
th2.jpg (12.58 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
th3.jpg
th3.jpg (12.52 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
th4.jpg
th4.jpg (10.95 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
Maybe some cross stitching some gifts for your friends up north?
Maybe some cross stitching some gifts for your friends up north?
th5.jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
th6DDL52XP.jpg
th6DDL52XP.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 6533 times

Oh heck head to the beach
securedownload.gif
securedownload.gif (13.86 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

God help you this summer, Hillman! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:

Return to “General Talk”