Ice Ice baby? Flooding? Our friends West and North snow?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Ice Ice baby? Flooding? Our friends West and North snow?

Post by E_ »

Dec 5 - 12 looks to have everything from flooding rain, to ice to snow to single digit temps.. Wooohoo! lol This weekend might be a good one to stay close to home. If the ice starts forming it might be good to have a generator...

Facebook post a couple hours ago.
LEX 18
From Tom Ackerman- Here's the first look at potential ice & snow totals for Friday. This is mainly going to be a rain event until we finally get down to freezing Friday afternoon. A 4-5 hour window of light freezing rain but mainly sleet in the afternoon will transition to light snow Friday evening. The heaviest accumulating ice and snow will stay over southern Illinois, Indiana and Ohio but travel will likely be treacherous north and west of Lexington Friday night as we fall to the 20s. Remember- there's another round on the way (freezing rain, a little snow & rain) Saturday night into Sunday.
lex18.jpg
lex18.jpg (58.77 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
Like · · Share · 2 hours ago
Bill Meck<br />10 hours ago <br /><br /><br /><br />.<br /><br />We are on the edge of what's going to be a significant winter weather maker in the Ohio Valley this weekend. We're tracking the potential for freezing rain, sleet, and some snow, although the snow is looking like it won't be the main player for us. Winter Storm Watches are up for roughly the areas north of I-64 and east of I-75 (roughly). Rain arrives Thursday and lasts into Friday, some of which will be locally heavy. Friday afternoon the Arctic air makes its move and changes the rain to mainly freezing rain. This part looks like it would affect travel for some by late day or evening. Saturday is just cold. Sunday a more significant icing looks possible...and we'll track that threat on LEX 18.
Bill Meck
10 hours ago

We are on the edge of what's going to be a significant winter weather maker in the Ohio Valley this weekend. We're tracking the potential for freezing rain, sleet, and some snow, although the snow is looking like it won't be the main player for us. Winter Storm Watches are up for roughly the areas north of I-64 and east of I-75 (roughly). Rain arrives Thursday and lasts into Friday, some of which will be locally heavy. Friday afternoon the Arctic air makes its move and changes the rain to mainly freezing rain. This part looks like it would affect travel for some by late day or evening. Saturday is just cold. Sunday a more significant icing looks possible...and we'll track that threat on LEX 18.
Run Down.jpg (61.93 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
http://www.lex18.com and facebook pages
maxtrack.jpg
maxtrack.jpg (104.34 KiB) Viewed 3201 times

Tom Ackerman<br />Like This Page · 2 hours ago <br /><br /><br /><br />.<br /><br />Heavy rain will be a big threat over southeastern Kentucky into the weekend. Rounds of moderate to heavy rain could put down 2-4&quot; through Saturday morning with more possible Sunday. A flood watch is in effect for southeastern counties Thursday evening through Saturday morning.
Tom Ackerman
Like This Page · 2 hours ago

Heavy rain will be a big threat over southeastern Kentucky into the weekend. Rounds of moderate to heavy rain could put down 2-4" through Saturday morning with more possible Sunday. A flood watch is in effect for southeastern counties Thursday evening through Saturday morning.
Rain.JPG (71.08 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
http://www.lex18.com/news/ohio-valley-winter-storm/
1 hour 2 minutes ago<br /><br />Ohio Valley Winter Storm<br /><br />Winter weather is on the way but we'll be soggy before we get there- expect widespread soaking rain Thursday with isolated t-storms and bursts of heavy rain possible. Highs will stay in the low 60s early on but fall into the 50s later in the day and bottom out in the mid to upper 30s tonight with a cold rain continuing into Friday morning. A flood watch is in effect for southeastern counties with 2-4&quot; of rain possible through Saturday morning. On top of that we have a winter storm watch in effect for Bluegrass counties north to Cincinnati and into western Kentucky. We are about to receive a glancing blow from a storm that will likely hammer states just across our northern border and even into western Kentucky. As arctic air pushes in Friday we will drop to freezing in the afternoon and below it later Friday evening. The rain will change to a mix (sleet &amp; freezing rain) with a few hours of light ice changing to a quick shot of snow as the moisture departs Friday night. Ice &amp; snow accumulation should stay in the 1-2&quot; range with much higher totals closer to the Ohio River and over the border. Roads could be slick and treacherous especially into western Kentucky, southern Indiana and Ohio where the highest ice &amp; snow accumulation is expected (3-6&quot;). After a cold, dry and quiet Saturday with highs in the upper 20s to around freezing south we'll brace for the next round. We'll see a little snow but freezing rain looks to be the main winter weather player Sunday morning with a transition to a mix and eventual cold rain Sunday afternoon with highs in the upper 30s. Additional and more significant ice accumulation is possible late in the weekend, especially early Sunday morning
1 hour 2 minutes ago

Ohio Valley Winter Storm

Winter weather is on the way but we'll be soggy before we get there- expect widespread soaking rain Thursday with isolated t-storms and bursts of heavy rain possible. Highs will stay in the low 60s early on but fall into the 50s later in the day and bottom out in the mid to upper 30s tonight with a cold rain continuing into Friday morning. A flood watch is in effect for southeastern counties with 2-4" of rain possible through Saturday morning. On top of that we have a winter storm watch in effect for Bluegrass counties north to Cincinnati and into western Kentucky. We are about to receive a glancing blow from a storm that will likely hammer states just across our northern border and even into western Kentucky. As arctic air pushes in Friday we will drop to freezing in the afternoon and below it later Friday evening. The rain will change to a mix (sleet & freezing rain) with a few hours of light ice changing to a quick shot of snow as the moisture departs Friday night. Ice & snow accumulation should stay in the 1-2" range with much higher totals closer to the Ohio River and over the border. Roads could be slick and treacherous especially into western Kentucky, southern Indiana and Ohio where the highest ice & snow accumulation is expected (3-6"). After a cold, dry and quiet Saturday with highs in the upper 20s to around freezing south we'll brace for the next round. We'll see a little snow but freezing rain looks to be the main winter weather player Sunday morning with a transition to a mix and eventual cold rain Sunday afternoon with highs in the upper 30s. Additional and more significant ice accumulation is possible late in the weekend, especially early Sunday morning
Ohio Valley Winter Storm.jpg (69.91 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
8daylivestream_full.jpg
8daylivestream_full.jpg (148.08 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Ice Ice baby? Flooding? Our friends West and North sno

Post by re3too »

Have at it! We've got a big dome of high pressure over us that is gonna keep us above average and dry for the next seven days! :D ;;) :p
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Did you see our temps yesterday? Lol
JLA

Post by JLA »

It's gonna be ugly here in the Cincy this weekend. Quick, get the milk and bread (and Maker's).
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Official temp in Lexington 36, but I can tell you in Leesburg at 7am it was around 34 and just a couple miles up the road shifted to 32 degrees and remained that way all the way up Newtown Pike to Main Street Lexington... Don't know, maybe it will warm back up with daylight but if this is a true cold front I would expect it to keep dropping.
LEX 18<br />· 2 hours ago <br />We have a dramatic shift in conditions from north to south across the viewing area Friday morning. Northern counties are dealing with temperatures around freezing and a light/icy mix, here in the Bluegrass we're in the low to mid 30s with a bit of a break in the heavier precipitation. Down south- upper 30s to low 40s with lightning, thunder and torrential rain! Tom
LEX 18
· 2 hours ago
We have a dramatic shift in conditions from north to south across the viewing area Friday morning. Northern counties are dealing with temperatures around freezing and a light/icy mix, here in the Bluegrass we're in the low to mid 30s with a bit of a break in the heavier precipitation. Down south- upper 30s to low 40s with lightning, thunder and torrential rain! Tom
12-6 523.jpg (126.56 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LEX 18<br /><br />We're continuing to track the changing precipitation types on the MaxTrack Live Doppler this afternoon as temperatures falling at or below freezing expand further east. As they do so, freezing rain and drizzle, as well as some sleet is possible. In particular, north and west of Lexington this has already been occurring. Travel will become more hazardous with slick spots on the roadways.
LEX 18

We're continuing to track the changing precipitation types on the MaxTrack Live Doppler this afternoon as temperatures falling at or below freezing expand further east. As they do so, freezing rain and drizzle, as well as some sleet is possible. In particular, north and west of Lexington this has already been occurring. Travel will become more hazardous with slick spots on the roadways.
12-6 1337.jpg (125.78 KiB) Viewed 3171 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Return to “General Talk”