Homemade generator

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

Homemade generator

Post by Nebrios »

OK people...need a lil guidance here....I want to make a homemade a/c generator...Heres what I want to do...I want to take the d/c side out of an alternator to get a/c..I have a variety of gas motors up to a 18hp twin cylinder to run it...question is frequency and voltage. Can this be mathematically solved to figure out what rpm to turn the alternator to achieve household standards? Or would I need an oscilloscope for it?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Homemade generator

Post by E_ »

Just hook an inverter to the alternator?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Re: Homemade generator

Post by Nebrios »

Well the alternator I have is capable of 5000 plus watts....and an inverter for that is more than im willing to spend...I know im going at this the hard way,but I like a challenge.

Return to “General Talk”