Halloween Canceled??

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

JLA

Halloween Canceled??

Post by JLA »

So what do you think about cities and towns postponing Halloween due to the "potential" for severe weather. I know Louisville and Indy are doing this and I've heard some in Northern KY are thinking about it. Back in the day, we never worried about the weather. If it was raining we wore garbage bags over our costumes, or got wet. It was all about hauling in the big load, and having a blast with our friends.

Now you can only go out from 6-8 and only if the weather nice. What the........has happened to this world?? :-? :-?
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Pinnacle

Re: Halloween Canceled??

Post by Pinnacle »

The media people :ymdevil: play it up to get more viewing and the revenue. The "authorities" =)) hear the scare and must do all they can so that they don't get the blame for anything that happens that would ordinarily happen anyway. The people :ymsigh: who made the parenting decisions back in the day are nowhere to be found. :( So now it's all decided by the scared :ymblushing: .
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Well, I am in agreement with them in some areas. Have you seen the forecast? Tornado potential in our area this afternoon/evening.

Sure you as a parent make the decision whether your kid goes out or not but when the time is "sanctioned" by the township then that is the time it is allowed to happen. Glad they can all go out on Friday, thus far weather looks good. I have not seen them cancel it because of rain or snow. This is not just rain or snow. This is potentially, decent weather right at the time your kid would leave the house and then BAM! storms.

We don't need the govt. to tell us what to do but them moving sanctioned events is a smart move.
Weather.jpg
Weather.jpg (23.46 KiB) Viewed 3495 times

PS, RUN TO FLORIDA RE3!! ROFL
securedownload.gif
securedownload.gif (13.86 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Already there, doofus! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pinnacle

Post by Pinnacle »

[quote="E_HILLMAN"]Well, I am in agreement with them in some areas. Have you seen the forecast? Tornado potential in our area this afternoon/evening.

Sure you as a parent make the decision whether your kid goes out or not but when the time is "sanctioned" by the township then that is the time it is allowed to happen. Glad they can all go out on Friday, thus far weather looks good. I have not seen them cancel it because of rain or snow. This is not just rain or snow. This is potentially, decent weather right at the time your kid would leave the house and then BAM! storms.

We don't need the govt. to tell us what to do but them moving sanctioned events is a smart move.
Weather.jpg
Thanks for helping me prove my point, E. :D

I can't seem to be able to copy a picture of the current weather map, but it looks a whole lot better than the one from above that the weather people used to induce panic a full 24 hours before the actual event. Our community chose to go ahead with the scheduled night and we have had some rain and wind but nothing that does not normally happen during the fall. The kids were happy and perhaps learned a lesson in how to be vigilant, not scared, due to the weather circumstances. And now they don't have to go out on a heavy traffic day like Friday. Holloween is supposed to be a little scary.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Our neighborhood had about a 25% turnout compared to dry years. Lots of leftovers, but they are saying to expect some tomorrow.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

We had no kids trick or treating last night and thank God, I had about 10 limbs fall last night many during the trick or treat time that had thankfully been delayed to today. I'm sure my insurance guy is relieved as well that the law suits were not racking up last night. I don't know about you but WE had tornado watches and many trees down. Lexington is still without power in many places.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pinnacle

Post by Pinnacle »

So did we. But it all happened after 11 PM., hours after beggars night was over. All the little ones were home by then, except maybe the university students who kept partying on. Glad you all are safe and secure.

Return to “General Talk”