obamacare

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Jaybird
Better Member

obamacare

Post by Jaybird »

Just a general question. If the average premium for a less than great plan is $328 a month, for a family of 4 that's $1,312 a month. Or almost $16,000 a year. Even with any discounts they get, I don't see how that family will be able to afford it. Not with taxes, food on the table, living expenses and everything else. Even if income is 4 times the poverty level. I haven't really got into it since I won't have to get it. Just wondering everyone else is thinking.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: obamacare

Post by No Patience »

Jaybird wrote:Just a general question. If the average premium for a less than great plan is $328 a month, for a family of 4 that's $1,312 a month. Or almost $16,000 a year. Even with any discounts they get, I don't see how that family will be able to afford it. Not with taxes, food on the table, living expenses and everything else. Even if income is 4 times the poverty level. I haven't really got into it since I won't have to get it. Just wondering everyone else is thinking.
That is the problem neither has Congress or obama really got into it since they don't have to get it. They just shove it out and say you have to to have Insurance without any real thought. God help us health care has been going down for years and it is going to get worse. :-ss
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yep
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

But, but, but.....they had to pass the bill before they could see what was in it! Sheesh! Don't you people know nuthin'? #-o #-o
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
JLA

Post by JLA »

I had a salesman from Western Southern Life come into my store today to make a pitch for Obummercare options. Even he said this is going to be the biggest disaster in insurance history. He went on to say that if someone says they understand ACA, they are crazy. No one in the industry fully understands how it is going to work (or not work, actually).

I have talked to many business owners in a variety of industries, and they don't know what is going to happen with rates. The salesman said that if you can lock in your rate BEFORE Jan. 1, 2014, you will be better off because they expect everyone's rates to go up after the first of the year.

Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride. :-ss :((
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

You folks don't understand, it's designed to be a mess, they want it to fail miserably. That way during the 2016 election they can campaign on being the party that fixes it with a single payer plan. Progressives don't keep score by counting successes, they keep score by counting progression. Unfortunate but true, I bet Obama is tickled pink with the way everything is turning out.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yep and Single payer = who controls ALL of your healthcare. They have laid the groundwork already with the health information exchanges from the govt.

I DO NOT LIKE THE GOVT having access to my health records. I miss the days of my local doctor and his paper charts that only he and his nurses saw unless I asked for a copy to take somewhere else...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Of course it is a ploy for campaign donations but...
http://www.rand-2016.com/defund_oc.aspx?pid=1010f
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Yep and Single payer = who controls ALL of your healthcare. They have laid the groundwork already with the health information exchanges from the govt.

I DO NOT LIKE THE GOVT having access to my health records. I miss the days of my local doctor and his paper charts that only he and his nurses saw unless I asked for a copy to take somewhere else...
We won't end up with a single payer system. We'll end up with a dual system like most other countries have. That means "everyone"(that means those who actually pay taxes now) will pay for gov't provided health care, then those with the means will pay for private care so they can actually get health care without waiting in long lists for the "free" doctors/hospitals. In ten years, you, me, and the rest who currently are paying too much for health care will be paying just as much, then will also pay another 18% or so of our income in health care taxes for the gov't health care system.
It's a win/win for both Big Gov't and Big Business, and a lose/lose for the middle class, which is what both parties are about.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Whatever happens I agree none of the parties have our best interest at heart.

Return to “General Talk”