NEW WELFARE MAP

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

NEW WELFARE MAP

Post by katie »

:ymsick: X( :ymsick: X( :ymsigh:

NEW WELFARE MAP:
THESE 11 STATES NOW HAVE MORE PEOPLE ON WELFARE THAN THEY DO EMPLOYED
Hawaii, California, New Mexico, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, So Carolina, New York & Maine.

Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2012, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. Household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day.

To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $20.00 an hour.

How long can this last? — feeling depressed.

Honestly, this just truly makes me sick....
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: NEW WELFARE MAP

Post by re3too »

I'm with you, Katie.... :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

katie wrote::ymsick: X( :ymsick: X( :ymsigh:

NEW WELFARE MAP:
THESE 11 STATES NOW HAVE MORE PEOPLE ON WELFARE THAN THEY DO EMPLOYED
Hawaii, California, New Mexico, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, So Carolina, New York & Maine.

Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2012, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. Household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What's the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day.

To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $20.00 an hour.

How long can this last? — feeling depressed.

Honestly, this just truly makes me sick....

8-} What a load of crap. If you really believe that report and take it at face value, you should quit your job, go on welfare, and live the high life.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

I spent two minutes doing a search on this, and it seems this is a well blown up bogus report(shocker).

The part about welfare recipients outnumbering workers in eleven states?

And the $168/day part

Believe me, I see it all first hand having to spend considerable amount of time in court houses and public housing buildings all over town. I'm sick of it as much as the next guy. But, believing that the welfare life is better than being a working fool is silly.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Then how do they have ebt cards and drive escalades which is what I see a lot if around here.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Then how do they have ebt cards and drive escalades which is what I see a lot if around here.
Drugs.....
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Oh but surely not! :-o
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

And we let them reproduce.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Which leads me to this...why all the bs of whether to drug test or not for welfare...ugh....when will the culling begin,,,
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:)) :)) whooooweeeee! Got imaposers goat didn't I???

Well, I don't know if you have ever BEEN on welfare, known anyone on welfare, or even witnessed the FRAUD that goes on in welfare, but I would imagine these numbers reperesent the dollar value that is sent to each state, given the number of "people" who file for help (kind of like have 104% voting...), or receive help (which I imagine includes unemployment). I have witnessed the abuse of the system and kept my mouth shut but you can d@mn well take it to the bank that I will NEVER let that happen again.

IF, and that is a BIG IF, you truly read it without getting pi$$y first, it states all and any type of benefits, including medicare, housing, etc. (do you have any idea how many housing/apartment facilities there are in my town of 30,000 that will NOT rent to you if you "make to much"???? F'ing ridiculous! Well, how do you think they do this??? They are subsidized by the FEDS, aka US!!!! My taxes pay for that chit but my kids wouldn't even be able to get a decent apartment because they make $1,000 a year too much.... =;

I usually only believe about 50% of what I read, and advise others to do so as well (espcially if I have no link to prove it, but then again, that information is only as good as the person writing the freaking article, depending on what their political beliefs are at the time, even the feds are fudging info, so much for your leaders transparency promise, smh).

P.S. I can answer yes to all of the above in case you're wondering and I still witness the abuses of the system while we still have hungry children right here in our town.

Possibly this kind of crappy waste has something to do with those numbers as well....

WHAT???
"Apparently Virginia had one of the lowest Food Stamp mistake rates in the nation - wasting “only” $19 million. As a result, they are rewarded with a $2 million bonus from the USDA for a job well done. We shouldn’t waste money on wasteful spending rewards - even if it is the lowest in the nation. SHARE if you agree!
http://bit.ly/17sWSyB

http://watchdog.org/100846/feds-award-v ... -payments/
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Go, Katie! Go, Katie! :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, If I knew that was all it took to get Ima to post I would have posted it a long time ago. lol Missed him evening us out a bit.
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

Ok, I guess I have to weigh in a little on this. Yes, I am sick of my money going to support people who do not work. What I would like to see is Drug tests and if positive you are out for life. If you are on welfare and have babies they should be taken away and stop rewarding people for having babies. Give nothing to the illegal aliens and send them back to there own country until they can come legally, if they do not want to be a citizen then they should not be here and expect us to pay for their health care. Sorry this is the most I have ever written on a forum, but it is how I feel.
Last edited by No Patience on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

katie wrote::)) :)) whooooweeeee! Got imaposers goat didn't I???
Nah, just had the extra three minutes while browsing all the forums I read to try and help balance out the crazy.
Well, I don't know if you have ever BEEN on welfare,based on the loose way the term was used here, I'm sure I have qualified at one time or another. known anyone on welfare certainly do., or even witnessed the FRAUD that goes on in welfareI see it daily...., but I would imagine these numbers reperesent the dollar value that is sent to each state, given the number of "people" who file for help So it's using the total amount spent, and then treating it all like it's being wasted and abused, gotcha.
IFMy taxes pay for that chit but my kids wouldn't even be able to get a decent apartment because they make $1,000 a year too much.... =;
So you mean if your kids would qualify, you'd be all for it then? :-?
I usually only believe about 50% of what I read, and advise others to do so as well (espcially if I have no link to prove it, but then again, that information is only as good as the person writing the freaking article, depending on what their political beliefs are at the time, even the feds are fudging info, so much for your leaders transparency promise, smh).
50% is entirely way to high. About 3% of what I read manages to pass my BS meter.

Sorry, heading to the lake. I don't have the time to go in to the full effort of all the silliness of how they have ebt and escalades, drug testing for welfare recipients, mandatory birth control for anyone who receives government aid, and if we should really be supporting all these old people with medicaid instead of just putting them down like a lame horse.
As I said, anyone who truly thinks the welfare queens have it so great, feel free to give up on work and jump on the governments teet yourself. I see those folks nearly every day, and I'll continue my blue collar, non college educated, hands always dirty, working one of those jobs few want to do over having anything to do with it.
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

Katie, sounds like someone may lean a little to the left in their political views.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

When you get there we will have RE3 waiting at the gates to continue the discussion. :P
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Well...there goes his fun time at the lake! :D ;;) :D
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

No Patience wrote:Katie, sounds like someone may lean a little to the left in their political views.
more like a comprehension problem.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

imaposer wrote:
8-} What a load of crap. If you really believe that report and take it at face value, you should quit your job, go on welfare, and live the high life.

...what imaposer meant to say
Snopes lol.jpg
Snopes lol.jpg (21.23 KiB) Viewed 7590 times

=)) =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...but who checks snopes. I think it was on here that we found them wrong once already.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

No Patience wrote:Ok, I guess I have to weigh in a little on this. Yes, I am sick of my money going to support people who do not work. What I would like to see is Drug tests and if positive you are out for life. If you are on welfare and have babies they should be taken away and stop rewarding people for having babies. Give nothing to the illegal aliens and send them back to there own country until they can come legally, if they do not want to be a citizen then they should not be here and expect us to pay for their health care. Sorry this is the most I have ever written on a forum, but it is how I feel.
:-BD :-BD
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Fox Business News had something along this line today. Missed a lot of it but the story was about states that have high unemployment, minimum wage and welfare rates. They probably have high cost of living also. Like Hawaii pays out almost 50k in individual benefits and in New York you would have to make 21 dollars per hour pretax to be better off than being on a welfare program. Me being technologically impaired , I don't know how to get the link to the full story.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

KY has a high welfare etc. and it is NOT a high cost of living State. But our Dem Gov. just signed us up for more medicated that is not budgeted.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

"Medicated", would that be a Freudian slip? Being illegally over medicated is an issue in some areas.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ROFL, Yep I have autocorrect on my work PC browser. Medicaid
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 46584.html
No Patience

Post by No Patience »

Have to love auto correct. :))
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Not that I agree with the minimum wage,but here ya go...

Study: Welfare pays more than minimum wage in most states.

Welfare pays more than a minimum-wage job in 35 states, creating little incentive for Americans to take entry-level work and likely increasing their long-term dependency on government help, according to a new study by the libertarian think tank Cato Institute.

The finds come 17 years after the Clinton administration, with bipartisan support from Congress, passed landmark welfare reform legislation that was supposed to move Americans away from entitlements and into the work force.

However, “welfare benefits continue to outpace the income that most recipients can expect to earn from an entry-level job,” the study authors said. “And the balance between welfare and work may actually have grown worse in recent years.”

Among the other findings is that welfare in 13 states pays more than $15 an hour, compared with the federal hourly minimum wage of $7.25.

The disparity was even higher in nine states in which welfare pays more than the average first-year teacher’s salary and in the six most-generous states, which pay more than the entry-level salary for a computer programmer.

The 52-page study, titled “The Work Versus Welfare Trade Off,” points out a full package of welfare benefits often exceeds take-home pay in part because benefits are tax-free.

ref:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08 ... -wage-job/

Return to “General Talk”