What are your thoughts?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

What are your thoughts?

Post by Nervous Wreck »

This may be a touchy subject!

"Baby can't be named 'Messiah,' judge rules"

A Tennessee judge has ordered a baby boy’s name to be changed from “Messiah” after deciding it is a title that has “only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ.”

NBC station WBIR reported that the parents of the 7-month-old went to a child support hearing in Cocke County Chancery Court because they could not agree on his surname.

However, Child Support Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew decided Thursday that the baby, Messiah DeShawn Martin, should be renamed “Martin DeShawn McCullough.”

“The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ,” Ballew said, according to WBIR-TV.

She said she made the decision in the best interests of the child.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08 ... rules?lite

JMO, I agree.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: What are your thoughts?

Post by re3too »

While I would not pick a name like that, I do object to the government interference. JMHO...
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Freedom of speech...nothing more to say...
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Terrible name, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to reproduce, and when you reproduce you get to name the offspring. She did and that's that. It's not the governments job to pick and choose what names are acceptable.

Now if they would like to start a sterilization process for idiots then I would be all for that one...... :ymhug:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote:

Now if they would like to start a sterilization process for idiots then I would be all for that one...... :ymhug:
And just who would determine who the "idiots" are? Slippery slope, IMHO! :-s :-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

re3too wrote:
Lock5 wrote:

And just who would determine who the "idiots" are? Slippery slope, IMHO! :-s :-s

I can do it in the afternoons after work for a few years, then someone else will have to take over...... =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

None of the judge's business.case should be reversed
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Agree with everyone else, what to name your child is not the courts business to be deciding. No way the ruling would ever stand up to appeals, it'll just cost the parents a war pension to pursue it further. They ought to make the dumbass judge pay all the cost of the appeals but that will never happen either. :ymsigh:

Return to “General Talk”