Probably booted tonight.....

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Probably booted tonight.....

Post by Lock5 »

I think LC.com has become the site of HB owners, I can't believe they are over there arguing about HB taxes. When you bought the Fukin' boat the rules were in place. Pay the d@mn taxes owed or tow the piece of crap to another state. Why should I be responsible for paying the wages of the KDFW for you? I pay my taxes every year, get my little sticker and move on. I bet 50% of the HB's on LC are not up to date on their taxes. But there isn't anyway to know because of the whole "documented" BS. Require a sticker for everyone, and tow their assssss of the lake if they don't have one. I'm done. X(
JLA

Re: Probably booted tonight.....

Post by JLA »

Sooo, how do you really feel?? :D
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Well I agree with LOCK, And I bet even some houseboat owners do as well.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

I'm thinking that one for sure has only one purpose for his position on the tax bill. He wants his taxes to be $700-$800 rather than $4000-$5000. I paid mine, they should pay theirs!
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Hilarious that some think I should pay more for my lil cheap bayliner than they pay for a 80 houseboat.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

As old as I am, I spent many years on the docks and have heard the discussions about how people have relished walking around the taxes. As former Buckeyes we paid the taxes because it was the law. Did we like it? NO! Did we think it was fair? NO! But we knew the rules going in and chose to keep our boats in KY anyways. For years we looked at OH registered boats that never moved out of the state and were ridiculed for our compliance. So be it. There is a difference between doing what is right and doing what is fair! Until fair and right are equal, you MUST do what is right, IMHO! And we always found the PVA to be willing to work with us on the value. Suck it up, cupcakes. #-o #-o
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Well once again the janitors of that site have let a thread get hijacked and out of control....strike three janitors...lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now now Nebrios, the janitors are our friends. Truly are good peeps, they just have a larger base of members and limits on how they can react and guidelines on how they must react even if they don't agree.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Now now Nebrios, the janitors are our friends. Truly are good peeps
'Ceptin' fer WW and 911! :D ;;) :-*
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

re3too wrote:As old as I am!
Oh good lord...she admits it! ROFLMAO! =))
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Now now Nebrios, the janitors are our friends. Truly are good peeps, they just have a larger base of members and limits on how they can react and guidelines on how they must react even if they don't agree.
I know they are good peeps...my message was somewhat cryptic and antagonistic....for the most part the mods do a good job...
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Nervous Wreck wrote:
re3too wrote:As old as I am!
Oh good lord...she admits it! ROFLMAO! =))
I've never denied being more mature in years than most of you yahoos, but never as old as some unnamed person portrays me to be! Right, E? #-o #-o
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

After sobering up......... I still feel the same way today. :ymhug:

RE3 has hijacked my thread to where I don't even recognize it though........ =((
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lol, you can always report her posts. Lmao
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lock5 wrote:After sobering up......... I still feel the same way today. :ymhug:

RE3 has hijacked my thread to where I don't even recognize it though........ =((
You started it! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

RE3,why you gotta be such a twubble maker...
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

=; :-*
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

re3too wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:Now now Nebrios, the janitors are our friends. Truly are good peeps
'Ceptin' fer WW and 911! :D ;;) :-*

:ymdevil: :))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

And your point is, 911? 8-| 8-|
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

re3too wrote:And your point is, 911? 8-| 8-|
uh...no comment :ymdevil:
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

I think Nebrois got it. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lol, I didn't , but if it makes re3 cuss I'm happy. Lol
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

The opposite of her BIOYB or whatever it is she's always posting. SIUYB....figure it out. :ymdevil: :D :ymsmug: O:-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ROFL, yeah but she denied that is what it stood for.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Shove It Up Your Butt? #-o #-o

Now tell me what BIOYB is, you smart a$$es! :D :D

BTW...did you see where dj told me to SHUT UP? Sheesh! Maybe he needs to get la.....oh, never mind! ;;) :ymdevil:
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

That would be a difficult thing to prove. And we all know it is happening! As I said over there, you can go to the PVA and check what your neighbors house is tax valued at. Can't do that with watercraft. I think you should be allowed to do this. Of course that"know it all" is against that. And by the way he called me "ignorant"

I keep getting the suggestion to get on facebook and leave their site. I'm on facebook and don't understand why WW thinks it is a place for name calling. I have never called any one unkind names nor have I been called out there!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I agree, how would you PROVE such a thing. Thats like proving your neighbor is a drug dealer before they are caught. Certainly aren't any receipts to show for it. ;)

On another hand

lol, well WW is in no mood for BS tonight. lol He saw a thread was just stirrin up chit and axed it quick.

...kinda gotta say. Good for him. That might stop some of the future BS that seems to be stirrin by trolls there.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I'll admit I was mad last night and almost replied but reason prevailed.... I thought 911 was the one that axed it.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

It was 911 who locked it.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Huh? Are we taking about the same thread?
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

[quote="E_HILLMAN"]I agree, how would you PROVE such a thing. Thats like proving your neighbor is a drug dealer before they are caught. Certainly aren't any receipts to show for it. ;)

On another hand

lol, well WW is in no mood for BS tonight. lol He saw a thread was just stirrin up chit and axed it quick.

...kinda gotta say. Good for him. That might stop some of the future BS that seems to be stirrin by trolls there.[/
quote]
What trolls..... 8-}
crwky

Post by crwky »

I can see both sides when I bought my first boat I was told buy the broker and the person selling that all you had to do is register it with the Coast Guard and you did not HAVE to pay taxes. Now we all know that's not true but I'm sure a lot of people have been told that over the years. I can tell you at that time more people did not pay taxes than did. But in the last 5 years or so I think that has changed. Other than the forum there is very little talk about this on the docks. I can remember just in the last year someone posted on LC.com that they were told the same thing when they bought their boat and had no idea they had to fill out a form for someone to tax them 8 months latter.

When I bought my boat I paid almost 20K in sales taxes now I can tell you I felt like the state got enough money from me. But I did pay property taxes each year but when they talk about people paying different rates it's true. I filed in a different county one year and the cost was $1000.00 more than the year before. So it's true some counties do take advantage. The state part is the same and fair if you ask me but some counties tack on more local taxes to go along with it.

But now all those problems are solved with the toon, tax and reg about $100 a year and $20 fuel each weekend. So if you get tired of paying too much taxes there are options.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Huh? Are we taking about the same thread?

I was talking about the tax thread where I was told to SHUT UP! :ymsigh:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

crwky wrote:I can see both sides when I bought my first boat I was told buy the broker and the person selling that all you had to do is register it with the Coast Guard and you did not HAVE to pay taxes. Now we all know that's not true but I'm sure a lot of people have been told that over the years. I can tell you at that time more people did not pay taxes than did. But in the last 5 years or so I think that has changed. Other than the forum there is very little talk about this on the docks. I can remember just in the last year someone posted on LC.com that they were told the same thing when they bought their boat and had no idea they had to fill out a form for someone to tax them 8 months latter.
YEP! And I bet E's bippy that there are still forum people who operate under the old myth..... :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

re3too wrote:I'll admit I was mad last night and almost replied but reason prevailed.... I thought 911 was the one that axed it.
There you go again...blame it all on ole 911. 8-| :p
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

I think you all were talking about different threads. WW deleted one today that was started earlier this morning and apparently went downhill pretty quick. I locked the other one last night.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:

Nope, there was another one about locals thinking outsiders all being drunk and stupid. Got nixed big kudos. But i know how much you love 911, so we can give him cred too. Lol
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Pop-O wrote: And by the way he called me "ignorant"
Pop-O I apologize if that's the case. I didn't see the post, but will admit I don't always read every post in every thread either. Joined in on the HB tax thread late and still haven't read a lot of the earlier posts in in...though in hind sight I guess I should have known where that one would go and watched it closer from the beginning.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

crwky wrote:I can see both sides when I bought my first boat I was told buy the broker and the person selling that all you had to do is register it with the Coast Guard and you did not HAVE to pay taxes. Now we all know that's not true but I'm sure a lot of people have been told that over the years. I can tell you at that time more people did not pay taxes than did. But in the last 5 years or so I think that has changed. Other than the forum there is very little talk about this on the docks. I can remember just in the last year someone posted on LC.com that they were told the same thing when they bought their boat and had no idea they had to fill out a form for someone to tax them 8 months latter.

When I bought my boat I paid almost 20K in sales taxes now I can tell you I felt like the state got enough money from me. But I did pay property taxes each year but when they talk about people paying different rates it's true. I filed in a different county one year and the cost was $1000.00 more than the year before. So it's true some counties do take advantage. The state part is the same and fair if you ask me but some counties tack on more local taxes to go along with it.

But now all those problems are solved with the toon, tax and reg about $100 a year and $20 fuel each weekend. So if you get tired of paying too much taxes there are options.

crwky back in the late 80"s and early 90's I was told that that was why some people documented because they didn't have to pay taxes if they did it that way. And I know for certain that some boat dealers used to tell customers the exact same thing. I'm next to positive it did used to be that way. It must have been changed sometime in the early 2000's best I can figure. But those of you saying this are correct that it did used to be that way (or at least my training officers told me that) and boat dealers used to tell people the same thing.
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

kdfwr911 wrote:
Pop-O wrote: And by the way he called me "ignorant"
Pop-O I apologize if that's the case. I didn't see the post, but will admit I don't always read every post in every thread either. Joined in on the HB tax thread late and still haven't read a lot of the earlier posts in in...though in hind sight I guess I should have known where that one would go and watched it closer from the beginning.
No worries at all. He doesn't like me, I don't like him. I don't call people names except calling him a red chicken fan and that is insult enough. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
re3too wrote:

Nope, there was another one about locals thinking outsiders all being drunk and stupid. Got nixed big kudos. But i know how much you love 911, so we can give him cred too. Lol
:ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

Return to “General Talk”