I know it was a tragic accident where people died, but....

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

I know it was a tragic accident where people died, but....

Post by E_ »

HAve you seen this? http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1373664708
‘Ho Lee Fuk’: Someone Pranked San Francisco TV Station Into Reporting Fabricated Names Of Asiana PilotsA local Fox affiliate, the San Francisco powerhouse station KTVU, is
dealing with the fallout of a major error on Friday. During their noon
broadcast, a report on the deadly Asiana Airlines crash took a turn for
the unintentionally offensive when they broadcast the names of pilots in
charge of that flight. The mangled Asian-sounding names were, in fact,
thinly-disguised expletives mocking the sentiments expressed by the
crash victims and their families.

The supposed names of the crash victims broadcast on KTVU included “Sum Ting Wong,” “Ho Lee Fuk,” and “Bang Ding Ow.”

A KTVU anchor later apologized for the error. She said that the names
were inaccurate in spite of the fact that a National Transpiration
Safety Board spokesperson confirming them.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/ktvu-apol ... ort/nYpSg/

If you go to the link above there is video of the Apology I guess...
Posted: 3:39 p.m. Friday, July 12, 2013

KTVU Apology for Friday Noon report

KTVU

OAKLAND, Calif. —
On Friday evening, KTVU Channel 2 issued the following on-air apology.

On Friday, July 12, during the KTVU Channel 2 Noon newscast, we misidentified the pilots in the Asiana Airlines crash.

We made several mistakes when we received this information. First, we never read the names out loud, phonetically sounding them out.

Then, during our phone call to the NTSB where the person confirmed the spellings of the names, we never asked that person to give us their position with the agency.

We heard this person verify the information without questioning who they were and then rushed the names on our noon newscast.

Shortly before 6 p.m. Friday, the NTSB issued the following statement:

The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots. A summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident. Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.The full NTSB statement can be found here.

Even with this statement from the NTSB, KTVU accepts full responsibility for this mistake.

We issued an apology later in the noon newscast, and we also apologized on our website and on our social media sites.

We have a lot of good people here at KTVU Channel 2. We pride ourselves on getting it right and having the highest of standards and integrity.

Clearly, on Friday, that didn't happen. So again, from everyone here at KTVU, we offer our sincerest apology.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Re: I know it was a tragic accident where people died, but..

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Fox news wasn't very 'sharp'. LOL
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Also sorry for the tragic event, but how could anyone fall for that? By the time I got to "we too low" I'm real sure I would have stopped! Wasn't it in the B movie, "Hollywood Knights" that stunt was pulled off?
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:-o :-o =)) =)) OMG!!! LMBFAO!! Are you serious? "CAP'N SUM TING WONG" and NOBODY picked up on this??? Just goes to show, they can't teach common sense, LOL.... blaming it on an intern.... do they think we're idiots too??? Oh my goodness, I haven't had a good laugh like that in a long time! SMH.... #-o

Pop-O, Hollywood Knights was so full of shenanigans, it probably was on there... one of my all-time favorites! :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Pop-O, Hollywood Knights was so full of shenanigans, it probably was on there... one of my all-time favorites! :ymapplause:[/quote]

Animal House my favorite. "REMAIN CALM, ALL IS WELL" My favorite saying from that show. Use it all time. Wife doesn't like it much after about a 1000 times me saying it! :D
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Jeeze I can't believe they've already started.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I didn't watch the vid but what in the world would be the motivation?
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

I cant see a reason for it either....but the vid does make you wonder....
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

The only thing it makes me wonder is where all these crackpots came from.

Seriously, has there been a major disaster or event in this country in the last 25 years that actually happened and wasn't staged or a government hoax or conspiracy of some kind? Or is America really so boring and starved for a disaster that our government has had to resort to making them up to quench our appetites for bad news these days? (-|
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

In light of Snowden , the nsa ,the fact that our government has put us in this recession, the fact that we willingly pay countries like brazil billions because we have a better cotton market , the fact that when a Mexican crosses the border illegaly we must give them a clean bill of health befor deporting them,which cost us billions,or maybe the fact that our sorry excuse of a president is taking multi million dollar vacations while furloughs happened. I don't know why there would be hoaxes or cover ups, but when evidence is in your face it is what it is...these crackpots exist because we are sick and tired of the direction this country is going...look at American industry... Nafta hurts us more than it helps us...we can send billions to countries to help them but cant take care of our own here....We have to consume chemically engineered foods so we can send our crops over seas....when will it end...the list goes on and on. That's why us crackpots come up with this stuff...its factual. Whether you want to believe it or not....
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

True
E_
Site Admin

Korean News Station Pokes Fun at KTVU with Fake American Pil

Post by E_ »

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Nebrios wrote:In light of Snowden , the nsa ,the fact that our government has put us in this recession, the fact that we willingly pay countries like brazil billions because we have a better cotton market , the fact that when a Mexican crosses the border illegaly we must give them a clean bill of health befor deporting them,which cost us billions,or maybe the fact that our sorry excuse of a president is taking multi million dollar vacations while furloughs happened. I don't know why there would be hoaxes or cover ups, but when evidence is in your face it is what it is...these crackpots exist because we are sick and tired of the direction this country is going...look at American industry... Nafta hurts us more than it helps us...we can send billions to countries to help them but cant take care of our own here....We have to consume chemically engineered foods so we can send our crops over seas....when will it end...the list goes on and on. That's why us crackpots come up with this stuff...its factual. Whether you want to believe it or not....

:D Dang Nebrios, I can feel that fire clear up here! :ymapplause: Well said grasshopper!

Unfortunately, it has been proven that our govt does and covers up some of the craziest crap that people just can't imagine them being so stupid.... I know better as it appears many of us do. So when some bizarre story does appear, it's hard to discount it unless proven otherwise and sometimes impossible to do. :D
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

katie wrote:
Nebrios wrote:In light of Snowden , the nsa ,the fact that our government has put us in this recession, the fact that we willingly pay countries like brazil billions because we have a better cotton market , the fact that when a Mexican crosses the border illegaly we must give them a clean bill of health befor deporting them,which cost us billions,or maybe the fact that our sorry excuse of a president is taking multi million dollar vacations while furloughs happened. I don't know why there would be hoaxes or cover ups, but when evidence is in your face it is what it is...these crackpots exist because we are sick and tired of the direction this country is going...look at American industry... Nafta hurts us more than it helps us...we can send billions to countries to help them but cant take care of our own here....We have to consume chemically engineered foods so we can send our crops over seas....when will it end...the list goes on and on. That's why us crackpots come up with this stuff...its factual. Whether you want to believe it or not....

:D Dang Nebrios, I can feel that fire clear up here! :ymapplause: Well said grasshopper!

Unfortunately, it has been proven that our govt does and covers up some of the craziest crap that people just can't imagine them being so stupid.... I know better as it appears many of us do. So when some bizarre story does appear, it's hard to discount it unless proven otherwise and sometimes impossible to do. :D

Thank ya sweety....I don't know if Id call it fire... ;)

" So when some bizarre story does appear, it's hard to discount it unless proven otherwise and sometimes impossible to do." I hear statements like this all the time...lets replace "bizarre story" with "magic trick"...that sentence has the same meaning doesn't it? Every good trick has a misdirection to it....we just don't see it....but when someone points it out in a magic trick we believe it .....point out that misdirection in a bizarre story and your a conspiracy nut....
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Not a nut Nebrois, a crackpot. :ymdevil:
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

kdfwr911 wrote:Not a nut Nebrois, a crackpot. :ymdevil:
I stand corrected.... 8-}
You know i should be issued a tui or oci.
Typing under the influence or operating a computer while impaired

Return to “General Talk”