Prayers for the Family and Friends of the 19 firefighters

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Prayers for the Family and Friends of the 19 firefighters

Post by E_ »

:(
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... zona-blaze
By Ian Johnston and Andrew Rafferty, NBC News
Nineteen firefighters - all members of an elite response team - were killed Sunday battling a fast-moving wildfire in Arizona, marking the deadliest single incident for firefighters since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, officials said.

In a statement, President Barack Obama said the "thoughts and prayers" of all Americans would be with the loved ones of the firefighters killed near the town of Yarnell, Ariz., about 85 miles northwest of Phoenix. He described the fallen men as "heroes."

The fire, which investigators believe was sparked by lightning, also destroyed more than 200 buildings in the town, which is home to about 700 people.

Wade Ward, the public information officer for the Prescott Fire Department in Arizona, talks about the tragic loss of 19 firefighters in a massive wildfire, saying "it had to be the perfect storm in order for this to happen."
Mary Rasmussen, a spokeswoman for the Prescott National Forest, said all 19 killed were members of the 20-strong Granite Mountain Hotshots, a Prescott, Ariz.-based crew who battled blazes in New Mexico and Arizona in recent weeks.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Prayers for the Family and Friends of the 19 firefighter

Post by re3too »

:( :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Prayers for the Family and Friends of the 19 firefighter

Post by katie »

=(( This is just devastating. I have read many stories about these smoke jumpers and they are closer than many families. This will be a tough road to travel for the one survivor that was just outside of the area. My sympathies and prayers for all involved... What a horrible way to have to leave this earth. :(
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Talk”