People banding together to help the Boston Boat owner

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

People banding together to help the Boston Boat owner

Post by E_ »

Helping the Boston Boat owner.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/rss/artic ... boat-owner
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wave-support-b ... 08-07.html
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/ ... ref=937828
http://www.lakestclair.net/index.php?/t ... -standoff/#

Wave of Support to Replace Boat Ruined in Bomber's Standoff With Cops

Bomb Suspect Manhunt: Neighbor Told Bloodied Body Inside BoatAuto Start: On | Off Share2340More Sharing ServicesShareShare on emailEmail65 Comments Print
Text Size- / +By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
April 20, 2013
America wants to help David Henneberry get a new boat.

The Watertown, Mass., resident became a hero when he discovered suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hiding in his backyard boat.

Henneberry quickly called the cops and in a final standoff, his boat was riddled with bullet holes.

"That boat's his baby. He takes care of it like you wouldn't believe. And they told him it's all shot up," Henneberry's friend and neighbor George Pizzuto told ABC News. "He's going to be heartbroken."

RELATED: Boston Bomb Suspect Captured Alive in Backyard Boat

Today, people around the country want to make help mend that broken heart.

Deborah Newberry, 62, of Orlando, Fla., has already put a $25 check in the mail to Henneberry's home.

"Something told him to go and check things," Newberry told ABCNews.com. "I just want him to know that people care about him because I know he's probably the guy that would say, 'Well, that's okay.' But I just would like him to know that we're all thinking about him and appreciate his spirit."

She believes Henneberry had to be "awfully, awfully cool" to emerge from a daylong lockdown, notice something wrong with his boat, find a bloody man in it and slip away to call police.

"Just listening to his coolness and how he handled the situation, it was like okay, that is a man who needs to have his boat restored," Newberry said.

An image pulled from Bing Maps shows a boat... BingAn image pulled from Bing Maps shows a boat behind a home in Watertown, Mass., where a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing, Dzhokhar Tsaranev, is believed to have hidden after a manhunt in Boston on April 19, 2013. Boston Bombing Suspect Found Watch Video
Suspects' Aunt to FBI: 'Convince Me' Watch Video
Neighbor Believes Bombing Suspect Poked Holes in Boat Cover Watch Video
When asked if she sent Henneberry any note with the check Newberry said no, she simply wrote, "towards a new boat" on the check.

"He don't know me from Joe Turkey," she said with a laugh. "I want him to go back to his regular little things that he do and don't have to worry about having a boat."

Florida lawyer John Phillips felt the same way.

"[The boat] is fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but that's what's significant to him," Phillips told ABCNews.com of the bullet-riddled boat. "If that's what the guy's passion is, I have no problem whatsoever chipping in and helping out."

Phillips, 38, is a personal injury attorney in Jacksonville, Fla. He wants to send Henneberry $1,000 for a new boat since he predicts the boat will be held as evidence for some time.

"He just had his boat shot up and had a terrorist live in it for a day," Phillips said. "If the dude wants an upgraded boat, let's get the guy a boat without terrorist blood in it."

Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau has been inundated with messages of gratitude and praise as well as requests from people who want to know how they can get a Watertown Police T-shirt.

"I'm getting emails and things from all over the world," Deveau told ABC News. "I got an email this morning. Some person in Detroit, Michigan who wants to replace the boat for the Watertown resident that got shot up. I mean, it's just incredible."

People on Twitter are echoing the calls to help Henneberry, hailing him a hero.

"Bravo, David Henneberry! You are a true American hero. I say we all pitch in and buy you a new boat. #welldeserved," one person tweeted.

Another wrote, "Some boat company needs to hook David Henneberry up with a new boat. His has a few holes in it. Holey #boats don't float."

Henneberry's boat is reportedly a 22-foot Seahawk cruiser with a fiberglass hull, which retails for around $50,000.

He did not return ABC News' request for a comment.

"It took more than the police department to get it done and that's the American spirit to me," Phillips said. "It's one random guy and one random boat ironically in a town named Watertown that's supposedly landlocked. Truth is stranger than fiction. You couldn't write this stuff and be believable."

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Re: People banding together to help the Boston Boat owner

Post by Nebrios »

Who knew rubber bullets could do so much damage.....lol
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Guess that's nice, but what about all the people with big ER and hospital bills. Friend that I worked with and play golf with had a grand daughter and great grandson hurt there. She still in the hospital, the boy just out today.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

True, guess this is just a way for boaters to contribute to something that hits home to them.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

article-2313429-1972D34E000005DC-114_634x397.jpg
article-2313429-1972D34E000005DC-114_634x397.jpg (101.56 KiB) Viewed 6986 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hope people band together and DON'T BUY ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE! Glad to hear Walgreens and CVS will NOT carry that copy.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Haven't you heard? This was all just a hoax....didn't really happen....none of it. It was all just staged. Either that or if it did really happen then the government did it. They just used low grade explosives to make it appear it wasn't a gubberment operation and to frame those poor innocent boys. I know all this because I saw it on the internet. ;)
Last edited by kdfwr911 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

911....I want your drugs! Sheesh! #:-s :-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

kdfwr911 wrote:Haven't you heard? This was all just a hoax....didn't really happen....none of it. It was all just staged. Either that or if it did really happen then the government did it. They just used low grade explosives to make it appear it wasn't a gubberment operation and to frame those poor innocent boys. I know all this because I saw it on the internet. ;)
Shall we start a thread based on the boston bombing and see who can come up with the most factual proof? Im guessing whatever media news source you choose to use is the golden word. So please, share your kool aid with me my uncrackpot friend. Im always up to a challenge so please make it worth my time.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Nebrios wrote:
kdfwr911 wrote:Haven't you heard? This was all just a hoax....didn't really happen....none of it. It was all just staged. Either that or if it did really happen then the government did it. They just used low grade explosives to make it appear it wasn't a gubberment operation and to frame those poor innocent boys. I know all this because I saw it on the internet. ;)
Shall we start a thread based on the boston bombing and see who can come up with the most factual proof? Im guessing whatever media news source you choose to use is the golden word. So please, share your kool aid with me my uncrackpot friend. Im always up to a challenge so please make it worth my time.
I dare say neither of us can come up with any "factual proof" beyond what we can find on the internet and want to believe. You don't have access to any of the evidence beyond what we see in the media of your choice, and neither do I. It all boils down to what we individually want to believe. There are many things about our government that I despise and makes me want to puke. But no one has yet came up with any credible evidence that our government was responsible for such atrocities as 9/11. And I believe if such evidence existed, that some aspiring young hotshot investigative reporter would have discovered it by now.

And just for the record, I didn't call you a crackpot, unless you were the guy on that video you posted the link to my friend.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Crackpot....i implied i was a crackpot...i only throw it back at you cause of how you use it...point is your proof on these things is no more factual than the crackpots..would it be fair to say you are narrow minded...
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Can't we all just get along?
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Im not mad at all...no where near it. Just having a friendly chat thats all....
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Can't we all just get along?
You can't git along wif 911 'cause he's nuthin' but a twublemaker! :D ;;) :-*
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

re3too wrote:
Whats that make me.... :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Nebrios wrote:
re3too wrote:
I don't use those kind of words! O:-) 8-| O:-)
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

I think we can, we just have different opinions and neither of us are shy about expressing them. But out of respect for you and your site I will try to refrain from any further discussion of the subject. :)
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

re3too wrote:
Hmmm....well if that aint the pot calling the kettle black Ms. "smack him and tell him it's from RE3". :-w
Last edited by kdfwr911 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

re3too wrote:
Nebrios wrote:
re3too wrote:
I don't use those kind of words! O:-) 8-| O:-)
:^o
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

kdfwr911 wrote:

I think we can, we just have different opinions and neither of us are shy about expressing them. But out of respect for you and your site I will try to refrain from any further discussion of the subject. :)
No hard feelings here ya crackpot...i think we are in the begining stages of a good friendship...itll just take time...
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

None here either ya physco. I can disagree with you without getting my panties in a bunch. Actually don't totally disagree with everything you post, but that's another discussion. Friendship??? I'll agree with you on that one....
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

kdfwr911 wrote:
re3too wrote:
Hmmm....well if that aint the pot calling the kettle black Ms. "smack him and tell him it's from RE3". :-w
:D :ymhug: 8-|
JLA

Post by JLA »

All I know is my niece and her husband were near the finish line when the bombs went off and they don't care to hear any of the theories that are flying. You can bet they won't be buying that magazine. BTW, they are both fine.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........

Return to “General Talk”