Let it snow?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Let it snow?

Post by E_ »

Here is the latest from Lex18
LEX 18
9 minutes ago
From Tom Ackerman- This will give you a better idea of the scope of the impending Great Lakes/Ohio
Valley late winter storm.... the purple shaded counties through Indiana and Ohio are under a winter
storm warning- they could see over 1/2 a foot of snow. We're in the lighter blue, a winter weather advisory
for a few inches. I'll have more on when the rain changes to snow and how much we could see coming up
on LEX 18 News at Noon.
Advisory.jpg
Advisory.jpg (86.37 KiB) Viewed 10616 times

larger
Advisory_o.jpg
Advisory_o.jpg (450.89 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Let it snow?

Post by E_ »

My county where I live is under the "x" in Lexington. Makes you wonder since the 6+ forecast is only 1 county away from me. Looks like Indy is in for some fun. How far in the blue are you two Katie?

...a funny note. when I went to post this I first looked for other snow posts. LMAO the first 4 were Weedbeater making snowbird comments. ROFL!
http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum/ ... mit=Search
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:

...a funny note. when I went to post this I first looked for other snow posts. LMAO the first 4 were Weedbeater making snowbird comments. ROFL!
http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum/ ... mit=Search
Jist goes to show what a smarta$$ ole Weedabuser is! Sheesh! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:My county where I live is under the "x" in Lexington. Makes you wonder since the 6+ forecast is only 1 county away from me. Looks like Indy is in for some fun. How far in the blue are you two Katie?

We are in the aqua, second city south of the p in Indianapolis, so far just rain (hope it stays that way....)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Post by weedbeater17 »

Maybe I should have written it like "Snow-Birds".. or "Cold Feathers Southbound" :ymsmug: :ymsmug: :ymsmug:

And its just spitting a little drizzle right @ the moment here by the "Statue in the Pond" RE3 likely knows it as by the Hustler Store........ 8-} 8-}
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

When I saw it Weedbeater I started to give you a Member of the Day Trophy. :P
weedbeater17
Better Member

Post by weedbeater17 »

That's OK....I am sure I will get a trophy of some kind when "Cold Feathers Southbound" gets up from her nap.... :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I think she is in the middle of a major Bridge tourney right now. Shuffle board was cancelled due to cold temps.
(...sorry RE3 you know we are just jealous)
weedbeater17
Better Member

Post by weedbeater17 »

They have a plan.......
Attachments
barney-tobey-the-break-is-set-for-eleven-pass-it-on-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg
barney-tobey-the-break-is-set-for-eleven-pass-it-on-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg (53.43 KiB) Viewed 10587 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote: (...sorry RE3 you know we are just jealous)
:^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
WINTER WEATEHR ADVISORY continues through the night. The changeover
should happen early this evening and there may be times where the snow comes
down at a pretty decent pace. Roads will likely become increasingly slick as the night
goes on. In addition, winds between 20 and 30 mph may produce blowing snow. For
areas near the Ohio River we're forecasting 2-5 inches of snow with the same in the
high terrain near the Virginia border. For many areas north of I-64 and through eastern
Kentucky we have 1 to 4 inches forecast. For south of I-64 and west of I-75 we are
forecasting 1-3 inches. Stay with LEX 18 as conditions change through the night.
1600 forecast.jpg
1600 forecast.jpg (98.12 KiB) Viewed 10576 times

Larger
1600 forecast_o.jpg
1600 forecast_o.jpg (507.66 KiB) Viewed 10576 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

How are there power outages already?
http://stormcenter.lge-ku.com/default.html
Attachments
KU MAP 3-5-2013 2130.JPG
KU MAP 3-5-2013 2130.JPG (191.27 KiB) Viewed 10572 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ANGTFT.jpg
ANGTFT.jpg (21.25 KiB) Viewed 10570 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Bluegrass Energy map 10pm
BGE MAP 3-5-2013 2200.JPG
BGE MAP 3-5-2013 2200.JPG (173.83 KiB) Viewed 10567 times

See current at this link
http://outage.bgenergy.com/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LEX 18
Wind Causes Sporadic Power Outages Throughout Kentucky

Kentucky Utilities officials confirm ten thousand customers across the state are without power tonight due to high winds. All the outages are sporadic ranging from a few dozen in some counties to a few hundred in others.

KU says crews are working to bring all customers back on line as soon as possible.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

From The StormTracker Weather Center A Glancing Blow
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 7:46 AM by Stormtracker Meteorologist Tom Ackerman
As far as late winter storms go that was a glancing blow... we picked up roughly 1-2" of snow (with a few reports pushing 3") while a state away in Indiana they topped out between 5-9". This storm rapidly winds down Wednesday as low pressure pushes off toward the east coast. Scattered morning snow showers will give way to a mostly cloudy and cold afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 30s. That gusty west to northwest wind will also back off a bit but it will remain breezy and raw. Watch for slick, icy roads today and overnight. Lows tonight with the help of snow on the ground will tank to the mid 20s with a few snow showers out east.

Thursday will see sunshine returning with partly sunny skies and highs in the low to mid 40s. High pressure takes over late this week and we are set for an absolutely beautiful weekend. Expect mostly sunny skies Friday and highs around 50 but we should soar closer to 60 Saturday and Sunday! Showers and slightly cooler temperatures are on the way early next week but we'll try to hold it off until late Sunday/Monday
http://www.lex18.com/news/a-glancing-blow/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Didn't get much in Leesburg. I would guess a couple of inches.
Leesburg 3-6-2013.jpg
Leesburg 3-6-2013.jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 10553 times
I think there was more south of me in northern Fayette county, I would guess in spots 3"
Fayette County 3-6-2013.jpg
Fayette County 3-6-2013.jpg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 10553 times

Where are the Indiana pics?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Didn't get much in Leesburg. I would guess a couple of inches.

Well, whose fault is that? #-o #-o :D ;;) :-*
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

genetics? lol
E_
Site Admin

Re: Let it snow? Snow next week?

Post by E_ »

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lexing ... 8978?day=6

Look at Tues and Wed.
extended.JPG
extended.JPG (56.29 KiB) Viewed 10274 times
8daylivestream_full SNow possible next wed.jpg
8daylivestream_full SNow possible next wed.jpg (147.17 KiB) Viewed 10274 times
Of course keep in mind this is almost a week out. It could be 70 degrees instead. lol
TWC.jpg
TWC.jpg (19.6 KiB) Viewed 10273 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Colder today than they forecasted. Got anywhere from a dusting to around a half inch in Central KY.

Was nice and pretty this morning and the roads remained clear so a win/win IMO. Sounds like tomorrow is still slated to be cold with a hard freeze. Hope your boats are ok as its 10am and still 32 degrees in Lex (was 28 degrees from my house to the edge of Lex this AM) thus things are cooled off enough to let the cold set in tonight.

http://www.lex18.com/news/snow-wraps-up ... l-lingers/
With mostly clear skies and that very cold airmass in place expect lows to crater in the low to mid 20s early Wednesday morning- the coldest lows of the season so far for many areas. Disconnect garden hoses if you haven't already and get ready for a hard freeze.
Temps at 9:56 AM tues
Temps at 9:56 AM tues
temps 956am Tues Nov 12.jpg (212.23 KiB) Viewed 10249 times

Here are a few blurry cell phone pics I got this morning.

11-12-2013 Snow.jpg
11-12-2013 Snow.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
11-12-2013 Snow2.jpg
11-12-2013 Snow2.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
11-12-2013 Snow3.jpg
11-12-2013 Snow3.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
11-12-2013 Snow4.jpg
11-12-2013 Snow4.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
11-12-2013 Snow5.jpg
11-12-2013 Snow5.jpg (35.17 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
11-12-2013 Snow6.jpg
11-12-2013 Snow6.jpg (88.08 KiB) Viewed 10249 times

Don't know if you can see them or not but here are some cool pics a friend took https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 089&type=1
E_
Site Admin

Re: Let it snow? 11-26-2013

Post by E_ »

Looks like Snow is in the forecast. Just hope the roads are good and clean Thursday morning as I would like to tow the boat down to Russell Springs on my way to Thanksgiving with the inlaws so I can put it in the storage there... Don't really want to tow that big of a load on snow with my little girl in the truck...
11-26 snow.png
11-26 snow.png (496.75 KiB) Viewed 10223 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/233250261.html

Old Man Winter comes knocking before Thanksgiving

Share on email
Print
Share on reddit

Share on twitter

Share on facebook

Updated: Mon 11:22 AM, Nov 25, 2013

Home
/ Headlines List
/ Article

Related Links
Chris Bailey's Kentucky Weather blog

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Just in time for one of the busiest travel periods of the year, a winter storm could bring snow and wintry mix to Kentucky.

"We have a developing winter storm that will cause massive travel problems across the eastern part of the country," wrote WKYT chief meteorologist Chris Bailey on his weather blog.

Bailey says the first thing to watch for will be a streak of light snow working across the state overnight. "This may put down some very light accumulations in time for the Tuesday morning commute," said Bailey. "That's when the main storm will begin to really impact our weather."

Bailey says many areas have a period of rain and a mix into through early Tuesday afternoon, and the rain may be heavy in the southeast.

"A rapid switch to all snow begins in the north and west during the afternoon and swiftly works eastward early in the evening," says Bailey. "That's when a moderate to heavy band of snow may set up. Here's a look at the odds of getting more than one inch of snow from that band."

Kentucky is already seeing cold temperatures. Bailey says only eight days in the past two winters had colder high temperatures than what we had Sunday in Lexington. The two winters before those had 46.

The large storm system headed our way is now making its way through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and other parts of the Southwest is particularly hard to predict.

National Weather Service meteorologist Tom Bradshaw says that's because a couple of degrees here or there with the temperature will determine whether regions see rain, sleet or snow.

Bradshaw says the storm system is "slow moving" and "sort of bringing its energy out in pieces."

More than 300 flights have been cancelled at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on Sunday, representing about one-third of the scheduled departures, and a spokeswoman says deicing equipment is ready.

After the storm plows through the Southwest, meteorologists expect the Arctic mass to head south and east, threatening plans for Tuesday and Wednesday as people hit the roads and airports for some of the busiest travel days of the year.

At least eight people have died in weather-related accidents since the storm began in California.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Quit cussin' and usin' the "s" word! :D ;;) :-*
Mary Lou 2
Marina/Ramp: LFM

Post by Mary Lou 2 »

Let's not forget Brian Collins infamous forcast. Just a dusting !! =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Got a 'dusting' up here this AM.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just a little white here and there this AM. Roads were clear and air temp 32
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/snow-still-co ... like-less/
Snow Still Coming...But Looks Like Less

Posted: Nov 26, 2013 2:14 PM by Chief Meteorologist Bill Meck
**Snowfall looks less for us** Part of staying Weather Aware is following changing forecast ideas...and sometimes things actually improve.

It's looking like the deeper moisture is getting out of here a bit more quickly before the colder air arrives. We'll still see a changeover late this afternoon and evening, but the amounts look to be about 1/2 or a bit more less...less than an inch west...inch or so Lex and 1 to 3 in eastern Kentucky with more on the ridgetops.

We'll be updatng with more specifics shortly...BTW, it's still does look nasty travelling east and northeast this holiday week.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 446&type=1

LEX 18

A SNOW ADVISORY continues tonight for all of central Kentucky and most of eastern Kentucky. A WINTER STORM WARNING is in effect for the higher elevations of eastern Kentucky near the Virginia border. We've been tracking an area of rain this afternoon which is gradually changing over to a light wintry mix and snow. As of 4:00 all temperatures in Kentucky are at or above freezing. However as we move into the evening temperatures will begin to drop and as they do accumulating snow looks likely. From approximately US 127 and west an inch or less looks likely...1" to maybe 2" in the I-75 corridor and 1-3" in eastern Kentucky with more in the higher elevations.
b_o.jpg
b_o.jpg (48.22 KiB) Viewed 10194 times
A SNOW ADVISORY continues tonight for all of central Kentucky and most of eastern Kentucky. A WINTER STORM WARNING is in effect for the higher elevations of eastern Kentucky near the Virginia border. We've been tracking an area of rain this afternoon which is gradually changing over to a light wintry mix and snow. As of 4:00 all temperatures in Kentucky are at or above freezing. However as we move into the evening temperatures will begin to drop and as they do accumulating snow looks likely. From approximately US 127 and west an inch or less looks likely...1" to maybe 2" in the I-75 corridor and 1-3" in eastern Kentucky with more in the higher elevations.

Return to “General Talk”