Mississippi

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Mississippi

Post by E_ »

Shared by the Weather Channel on Facebook
Before and after of Ace Hardware in Petal, Mississippi. Photo Credit: Facebook Fan Brittany Nicole Swilley

How about that Fall Creek?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: Mississippi

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Wow. I am pretty friggin paranoid during bad weather, due to being in a tornado outbreak in Alabama back in the early 70's. We were lucky-- only one huge tree fell on the house we were hunkered down in, complete devastation across the street and all around the small town we were located. My parents were only 20 minutes away in Birmingham picking up our luggage to bring back to our relative's house in Wilsonville when the tornadoes were dropping outta the sky all around the area. They had to drive down into a ditch to avoid a funnel touching down directly in front of them, then over 7 hours later they finally arrived in Wilsonville, after trees were removed outta roadways to let vehicles thru. Electric and phone lines were down everywhere, so no way to get in contact. They were told by emergency responders that Wilsonville was wiped out, and it was pretty much true. Then the tornado outbreak in April 1974 pretty much freaked me out, ruining me to think that my luck is gonna run out someday, lol....a couple weeks ago when we were having overnight tornado warnings I was wide awake pinpointing exactly where the rotation was located and thankful we were just east of the path, but heard the sirens blasting over n over. I'm sure as I get even older, I'm not gonna get any less fearful. Hubby can sleep right thru the stuff. I'll be the one to do all the worrying for us!! :-ss
Happy camper and happy boater!!
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Re: Mississippi

Post by Fall Creek »

Wow, I hope I never have to see one of my stores look like that! Mother Nature sure can be a bitch!

Return to “General Talk”