We've lost one of our own

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

We've lost one of our own

Post by Islander_212 »

Folks, it is with great sadness that I report this news. As of yesterday the Lake Cumberland Community has lost one of their most beloved. Diane Vittitow (aka as Redhead and Farley) from Louisville was one of the most fun loving person that I have had the pleasure to know and was always so kind to Kimberly and me. Diane passed away yesterday after a sudden event at the young age of 55 years. She had too many friends to even list here and I am sure they will chime in eventually. She and Steve have a place near Jamestown and slipped their boat at JRM on the N row and were at every Forum Party that I have been to. Life there will never be the same on N row. There are so many great stories to tell and they will come out in the next few days. For now let's all be thinking and praying for her and her family. Heaven has another angel now. That is all I have for now... RIP Redhead.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: We've lost one of our own

Post by E_ »

Prayers for Steve and the Family/Friends :(

She indeed had a login here and though she never posted Craig is right, I can't remember a forum party here lately at least at State Dock that she and Steve were not in attendance. I always knew when I was at a outting if Steve and Diane were there I had some good friendly people I could hang around with... Always welcoming and always with a smile. Quite a loss for the community indeed. :(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Thanks for your post Craig, she was a very dear friend and you are right life will not be the same without her in it. She was a very special person and will be missed by many, she had the gift of seeing the positive in everything. I feel privileged to have been a part of her life for the many years I have known her. Ironically when I spoke to her on Wednesday morning she was having such a great day and was so happy, who would have known just a few hours later we would be in the emergency room which such a grave prognosis. We said goodbye yesterday at 11 am after it was determined that the aneurysm had caused catastrophic damage and was not survivable. Please keep her husband Steve (aka Hound dog) and daughters Kristen and Stephanie and all of her family in your prayers.

Arrangements are as follows;

Visitation will begin Sunday at 11:30am, the funeral service will be at 5:00pm on Sunday at the funeral home

Schoppenhorst Underwood-Brooks
4895 N Preston Hwy Shepherdsville, KY 40165‎
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

LC addict wrote:Thanks for your post Craig, she was a very dear friend and you are right life will not be the same without her in it. She was a very special person and will be missed by many, she had the gift of seeing the positive in everything. I feel privileged to have been a part of her life for the many years I have known her. Ironically when I spoke to her on Wednesday morning she was having such a great day and was so happy, who would have known just a few hours later we would be in the emergency room which such a grave prognosis. We said goodbye yesterday at 11 am after it was determined that the aneurysm had caused catastrophic damage and was not survivable. Please keep her husband Steve (aka Hound dog) and daughters Kristen and Stephanie and all of her family in your prayers.

Arrangements are as follows;

Visitation will begin Sunday at 11:30am, the funeral service will be at 5:00pm on Sunday at the funeral home

Schoppenhorst Underwood-Brooks
4895 N Preston Hwy Shepherdsville, KY 40165‎
You are welcome LCA... it was not easy for sure. Thank you for the information about Sunday. We will be there. If you are around the house Saturday we may stop by if you are up for visitors. All the other things have been handled that you asked about and Bob and Leslie already knew. Jabez Boy also heard from CR. Let us know if you need anything.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

So sorry about your friend...Thoughts and prayers for all her family and friends.... :( :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends!
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!

Return to “General Talk”