I wonder.....

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

I wonder.....

Post by E_ »

How stimulated China feels since I'm sure most of that 59 billion went back over seas to THEIR coffers.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: I wonder.....

Post by Lock5 »

well......... you are refering to the US spent $59 billion over the 4 day holiday on Christmas, that is a tad more than the government spent in the same period of time. The Government spent $42.4 billion in those 4 days and that is based on 2011 levels. About 40% of our current spending is borrowed money so that makes almost $17 billion we needed to borrow in the 4 day shopping period that you are talking about.

Yep, we are in deep shiat................

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/us ... ficit.html
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

We will probably survive. I remember back in 1961, I was on such a tight budget I worried about the price of gas back then when it was less than .30 cents a gal. I bought a used VW bug and my friends thought I was a traitor for buying something foreign made. Jap junk was starting to show up and it was also looked down on as inferior, which it was. Now foreign autos and Japan's electronics are in every home. Probably be the same with China. And we will survive-----------MAYBE!
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I spent -0- dollars this past wknd, I just absolutely HATE shopping. HATE IT. I even hate to go grocery shopping or stop at wally world for the few items I have to have. I go after I get off work at night. Fewer people, less stress, fewer people, lol....I looked thru the sale papers and looked online and I didn't see anything anywhere that I just had to have. I haven't been to the mall in probably 2+ years. If I don't need it, I don't buy it. I am probably one of only a handful of women who feels this way. My "high maintenance" comes in the form of the boat, camper, campsite, etc., although none of these hurts our wallets due to selecting the ones we easily can afford, and frequently use. Hubby knows how lucky he is. :D :D :D
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

If I hadn't met you already I would be swearing ur a guy. lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I'll admit, I've been a tomboy all my life. I am no girly-girl. I was raised as my dad's only son, lol....
Happy camper and happy boater!!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:I spent -0- dollars this past wknd, I just absolutely HATE shopping. HATE IT. If I don't need it, I don't buy it. I am probably one of only a handful of women who feels this way. Hubby knows how lucky he is. :D :D :D

I am the same way "Soak-up-the-Sun! My hubby loves the grocery, loves shopping, loves wally world and all that crap! I have tried to explain to him that I do not want stuff just to be having stuff!! Cripes, I have 37 years of stuff, including his! Still getting rid of stuff! Unless I have to have something, I DO NOT want to go shopping and I DO NOT want to spend my hard-earned dollars on more crap I do not want or probably will not use.... not to mention the time wasted looking for stuff you don't need or want.

To this day, I could take my pictures and my special christmas stuff and walk out of my house and miss nothing.... :)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

katie wrote:......................To this day, I could take my pictures and my special christmas stuff and walk out of my house and miss nothing.... :)

You would have to take $pare wouldn't you? :ymhug:
JLA

Post by JLA »

Why are all the good women taken??? =)) :)) =))
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Lock5 wrote:
katie wrote:......................To this day, I could take my pictures and my special christmas stuff and walk out of my house and miss nothing.... :)

You would have to take $pare wouldn't you? :ymhug:

Only if he left all of his sh-t, er, I mean STUFF behind! ;)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

JLA wrote:Why are all the good women taken??? =)) :)) =))

You just looked for love in all the wrong places, LOL! =)) ;;)
(p.s. this did not change from when I was young, I never did like shopping)

Return to “General Talk”