Raise your hand

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Raise your hand

Post by E_ »

Raise your hand if you have missed Re3's presence on the forum here lately. :)

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Re: Raise your hand

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Me, me
Attachments
answer-boy.gif
answer-boy.gif (6.93 KiB) Viewed 8010 times
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Image[/quote]
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

It was like a sasquatch sighting this afternoon but no post. :(
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Nope!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

She's in warm weather not worrying about schit....... Or poopboys.....
crwky

Post by crwky »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Raise your hand if you have missed Re3's presence on the forum here lately. :)

I had not seen this post but I was just thinking over the weekend that she had not been around. I guess I'm a little slow because it looks like this has been going on for a while now.

watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Raise your hand if you have missed Re3's presence on the forum here lately. :)

Hey RE3 get the pontoon I'm ready heading your way in about 3 weeks.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Islander_212 wrote:Nope!
An honest answer! :ymapplause:

I took a self-imposed hiatus from forums in hopes that more time for introspection and focus on family issues and the state of the nation would improve my outlook and attitude. I like to joke around as much as anyone but the events of life sometimes have to take priority and make my banal comments seem ridiculous. The anger and hatred I see in today's world gets me down and when that happens I tend to pull back into my core values in order to deal with it. I am sick about what is going on in America but I cannot allow myself be drawn into the drama too much. Done preachin'....Better shup again! :ymsigh:

BTW....GWW and I are fine. We enjoy each other and our blessings so life is good as long as we keep our focus on God, each other, family and friends. :)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

you just made my day. :ymhug: :x

Come on out and act a lil silly with us. It will help take away from the other stuff. :p
If you want to keep your focus on God then feel free to start a thread and post us a Bible verse a day. We allow that stuff here and maybe I would benefit from it. You might be doing a public service. :ymcowboy:
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

re3too wrote:

I took a self-imposed hiatus from forums in hopes that more time for introspection and focus on family issues and the state of the nation would improve my outlook and attitude. I like to joke around as much as anyone but the events of life sometimes have to take priority and make my banal comments seem ridiculous. The anger and hatred I see in today's world gets me down and when that happens I tend to pull back into my core values in order to deal with it. I am sick about what is going on in America but I cannot allow myself be drawn into the drama too much. Done preachin'....Better shup again! :ymsigh:

BTW....GWW and I are fine. We enjoy each other and our blessings so life is good as long as we keep our focus on God, each other, family and friends. :)
Now you know I was teasing you... but it worked you are back and better than ever! I too share your concerns and am trying my best to educate all the sheep out there that are aiding in our being lead to the slaughter.
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

re3too wrote:
Islander_212 wrote:Nope!

I agree with you also. There is so much of the anger and hate out there. And we see it all the time with all the new ways to stay connected. I have to say I am guilty of reading too much of it daily, sort of like a car wreck can't seem to turn away. That is why I enjoy going out on the lake and I tune it all out.
Glad you are back on the forum. :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote: If you want to keep your focus on God then feel free to start a thread and post us a Bible verse a day. We allow that stuff here and maybe I would benefit from it. You might be doing a public service. :ymcowboy:
Despite my strong faith and opinions, I've never tried to cram anything (other than my fist) down anyone's throat. What speaks to one in the Bible is very individualized, IMHO. Therefore, while I appreciate the offer, it's just not my way. Now...iffin' yer askin' me to put my fist in the air, I've heard tell I'm pretty good at that! :-o :-o
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

watt money wrote:

Hey RE3 get the pontoon I'm ready heading your way in about 3 weeks.
Well guess I'll have to rent a pontoon. Found one on Anna Marie island from a guy named Dan Weebly for 225 a day. Hey RE3 or any one else, you know of any places we should go in this area while on the boat, it'll me my first time on a boat in Florida. How far is the Skyline Bridge from the island. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Depends on where on Anna Marie Island you are launching as to how far to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Also, make sure you know how to read channel markers, know the tides and the winds. Boating in FL ain't for amateurs! Right MA? :D ;;)
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

Thanks for the heads up, I should be OK I do have an understanding of the channel markers and I would think that whoever I rent a boat from would supply a chart to the area. The tides will be a new experience for me, I guess I should just be aware of when they're coming or going.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

While on Anna Marie island if it is open from the remodel besure and go by the Sand Bar. Best place to eat on the Island.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I print out the tides for a month at a time. Go to www.saltwatertides.com to find the area you are looking for.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

The Skyway bridge has some pretty good current running around it at certain tides. Make sure you have plenty of gas because things look closer than they are. It gets shallow a pretty good ways from shore on the south side.

Visit the island out in the mouth of Tampa Bay that has the light house and Pilot station on it (Egmont Key). There is a trail that goes from the bridge side of the island over to the Gulf side where the old fort ruins are. Make sure the boat is anchored well before getting off. The current running past the island on an outgoing tide will carry you away if not.

Run across the channel to Ft Desoto park. The beach there is usually covered with sand dollars. Keep in mind they are illegal to keep.

There is a small sandbar that comes up at low tide between Egmont Key and the Bradenton Pier where people tend to hang out nekkid.

My buddy Duke still owns the local Sea Tow franchise there if you need help. Their rates are a LOT hight than mine. They charge $300 per hour there vs my $175, so try not to need them. The rental company will not pay your bill.

I used to run out through the southern pass there off Anna Maria, out past the sand bar and then back in toward the beach and anchor up for the day. It was less crowded there on the Gulf side on the northern tip of the island. The pass is unmarked so you have to read the depth by water color. The water is much clearer on the outside versus the tannin colored water of the bay. I guess it was actually Holmes Beach maybe.

Nice area and I miss it there terribly.
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

Thanks for all the info everyone. This will be my second trip down but first time out on a boat. I fell in love with the area on my first trip last year but it drove me crazy to see water everywhere I looked and not go out on it. The guy I'm renting the boat from lives at Holmes Beach and that is where the boat is so it sounds like I might not have to go to far to have a good time. Eventually I think I would like to get a place down there but isn't there like a minimum age you must be to move to Florida? I already drive with my blinker on sometimes and I think that may be one of the requirements as well. =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_ wrote:It was like a sasquatch sighting this afternoon but no post. :(
It was nice seeing the Sasquatch this week. Lol

Here is a.little vid of her leaving.
http://m.wcti12.com/news/sasquatch-spot ... a/34595066
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FUE! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You know I love you.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

EWWW! :ymsick: :D ;;) :-*

Return to “General Talk”