Weather - Labor Day Weekend?????

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MPII

Weather - Labor Day Weekend?????

Post by MPII »

So, what's the consensus? I'm looking at all the weather reports and it appears its supposed to rain all weekend. Was planning on coming down Thursday - Monday but not sure I want to drive 5.5 hours to sit in the rain. (Unlike E, I don't have a retreat in the boat). I have an open bow. So what's everyone think?
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Weather - Labor Day Weekend?????

Post by E_ »

I wasn't coming down anyway. lol You missed a beautiful weekend a few days ago. ;)
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

Was gonna come down but the cruiser broke down last weekend and would have to use my Pachanga and I wouldn't want to get it wet. lol
crwky

Post by crwky »

Too late in the year to let a little rain keep me away. Some of the best days I have ever had on the lake were days they called for rain and even drove through the rain to get there. Now it is only an hour from home and not 5.5 hrs that may change my mindset a little. But the only thing I can say is take a chance you only live once it cant rain all 4 days all day long (god I hope I'm right).
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Look like we're skipping it. Couldn't get away till late Sat. afternoon anyway, so most likely just call it a bust like almost every other weekend this summer. Sure glad the boat is gone. We only made it to the lake three times all year.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I'm there tomorrow thru the next 12 days. Looks like most of the weather will scootch more westward than forecasters originally thought. Barring a complete direction change to east, I'm thinking rain chances will decrease thru the weekend. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.....
See y'all on the lake!!
Happy camper and happy boater!!
MPII

Post by MPII »

Well, as it turns out, more people could go down next weekend (even though its crazy poker run) so it works out better anyway. I may still come down early Sat. Morning anyway depending on what's going on. Even if I just go by myself....although....never done a self launch. People may get P'eed off @ the ramp cause it will take me a little more time.
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Launch at JRM, I self launch and retrieve there with no issues. They have three lanes and if you launch at a non busy time it is no big deal. Launch the boat in lane close to dock, walk out dock and step onto boat, start boat and pull away, tie it out of way further down dock, come back and move truck/trailer, come back to boat and enjoy. Do reverse to leave. All is good. I never could do this at COnley without it taking more time as they do not have a dock at the ramp but this works well at JRM and Grider. It MIGHT work at WCM but I have not tried there yet.
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Yeah, but if you go to JRM make sure you set the parking break! =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

We're still trying to decide! Like MPII said, it's a long drive for us to go sit in the rain! =((
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!

Return to “General Talk”