Bounce dryer sheets

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Bounce dryer sheets

Post by katie »

Don't know if any of these are true or not but I know I can't stand the smell so I'm giving it a shot... may work great for some of you who have problems with spiders down at the docks and in storage :)

Bounce This Along

U.S. Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.

Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The insects just veer around you.

All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!

1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often..

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling..

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.

10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan..

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds.. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.

22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe love bugs off easily with the wet Bounce.

23. Put a sheet of Bounce in your suitcase when traveling, it will help keep mites or any other critters out of it. While you are at it, travel with several Bounce sheets and run them up and down your bed linen before getting into bed, it will cause all the critters already in your bed to run. Keep a sheet in your suitcase even after you have unpacked to protect your suitcases from bugs nesting in it.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Bounce dryer sheets

Post by E_ »

you can't stand the smell of what? Bug spray or Bounce?

lol

Either way thanks for the info, I shared it with lakecumberland.com as well since many have had yellowyacket issues. For Avery I got her a deet free baby safe spray that I use too sometimes. Has the citronella and peppermint type smell but nothing bad.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:you can't stand the smell of what? Bug spray or Bounce?

BOTH! The older I get, more affected I am by smells... it started when I got pregnant with my first. At that time I noticed I could smell their crayons, ink in those "clear" bic ink pens and stuff like that, that normally you would never notice! :-o
It's really a PIA if you know what I mean. I can get headaches, upset stomach, sinuses closing up and draining, or a plethora of symptoms.

We went to see CATS at IU one time and a "big guy" that sat in front of me was wearing "patchouli oil" cologne and the couple left of me had just finished a joint before entering the theatre, lol.... I didn't get to see any of the play. My eyes started watering and didn't stop. My daughter leaned up at intermission and said... MOM, it's not THAT sad. lol! She was 13 at the time. Needless to say I was stopped up, crying and sick to my stomach.

I will, however, try one of these to prevent mosquitoes. The darned things just eat me up! X(
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

How in the heck can you handle $pare then? LMAO

I know what you mean though. My wife's scented tart warmer makes me VERY sick depending on what scent she is melting up.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Katie must have been watched a rerun of the Oprah show with the Queen of Clean who listed the many uses of dryer sheets. I have been using dryer sheets and a spray bottle of wash and wax on the front of my vehicles after runs to the lake and vacations for several years. The same method will take off spider crap off of fiberglass (sometimes). Wife has been using it on baked on food as well.
JLA

Post by JLA »

When I use the dryer sheets I rub them on my arms and legs and then put it in my pocket. Problem solved!
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I save used ones in a bag near the dryer. When I wanna get wrinkles outta a few items that might have been left in the dryer or whatnot, I grab a handful, count them, wad them up, get them good and wet and toss them in the dryer....works every time. I count them so I know I'm not gonna deposit any on the bar floor at work and get everyone laughing at me!!
I've used them for cleaning various things for years. I discovered they clean the vent doors that cover air intakes better than my vacuum, and they do a good job on the floor between the dryer and the wall, as well as other nooks and crannies like that. The bug removal from the front of the jeep is a nightmare that uses up handfulls of the used up ones, I've never used new ones to clean with-- guess I'm gonna have to try that one out!! :-?
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

12002326_10153672429174066_9130737509455514165_n.jpg
12002326_10153672429174066_9130737509455514165_n.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 3439 times

Return to “General Talk”