Boating tragedy recounted: 'Kiss them babies for me'

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Boating tragedy recounted: 'Kiss them babies for me'

Post by E_ »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46878401/ ... babies-me/
HOUSTON — For hours after their boat sank, Ken Henderson and Ed Coen treaded water in the Gulf of Mexico, talking about life and death while struggling to survive. For more than 30 hours, it worked.

Then Henderson was forced to make a decision that would save his life, but not his best friend's.

"This is the last-ditch effort, but I'm going to go for help or you're not going to make it," Henderson told Coen, just before cutting the strap that connected them in the deep, cold waters off the Texas coast.

"I understand," Coen responded, giving Henderson a last set of instructions. "Kiss them babies for me."

It was Friday around 4 p.m. when they parted.
Read the story at the link above, it has photos etc.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Re: Boating tragedy recounted: 'Kiss them babies for me'

Post by MissSwitzerland »

So sad!!
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!

Return to “General Talk”