Duh....no $hit !!

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Duh....no $hit !!

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Why we need the Keystone oil pipeline

"All I want to know is, when is our dumba$$es on the 'HILL' going to realise just how 'LIFE' and 'economics' really work"?

(CNN) -- The Keystone XL pipeline represents a big step toward true North American energy independence, reducing our reliance on Middle Eastern oil and increasing our access to energy from our own nation and our closest ally, Canada, along with some oil from Mexico -- to 75% of our daily consumption, compared with 70% now.

That decades-long goal for our country is finally within reach, but we need to stay focused on the big picture, and we need to act. This $7 billion, 1,700-mile, high-tech transcontinental pipeline is a big-time, private-sector job creator, and it will also hold down the gas prices for consumers and reduce our energy dependence on an unstable part of the world. Finally, it will do so with good environmental stewardship.

That's why I, along with 44 of my colleagues from across the nation, introduced new legislation to move the project toward approval and construction after President Barack Obama's rejection of the project last month.

The Keystone XL project is good for North Dakota, but it is vital for the nation. Some 75% of the pipe for the Keystone XL pipeline will be made here in North America, 50% of it in Arkansas. Some 90% of all other construction materials will come from companies in the United States and Canada.

If the Keystone XL pipeline isn't built, Canadian oil will still be produced -- 700,000 barrels a day of it -- but instead of coming down to our refineries in the United States, instead of creating jobs for American workers, instead of reducing our dependence on a turbulent part of the world,that oil will be shipped to China.

ref:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/23/opinion/h ... ?hpt=hp_t3

Time to tell all these 'tree huggers' to get the 'hell' off the bus! X(
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Duh....no $hit !!

Post by $parechange »

Obama continues to try and totally ruin our country. I just don't understand how he can do some of the stupid $h1t he does with no repercussions

Return to “General Talk”