And I Say....

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

And I Say....

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Pure Speculation (F'n BS) X(

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Tensions with Iran are adding at least 30 cents to a gallon of gasoline in the United States, and experts say gas prices have only just begun to rise.
Gasoline prices have surged over 10% in the last two months, largely tracking the runup in oil prices, which have increased by a similar amount and are now at a 9-month high.

Several factors have caused oil prices to rise, including the sense that the economy is improving and supply disruptions in a handful of minor oil producing nations.
But the biggest factor by far, say analysts, is fear that tensions with Iran will lead to an all-out war that causes a disruption in oil supplies.
"The market right now is fairly well supplied," said John Kingston, director of oil, at the analytics firm Platts. "You've just got a significant fear factor that things could get worse."
Kingston noted that OPEC is actually producing more oil right now than is needed to keep pace with global demand. As such, stockpiles are rising.

ref:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/23/markets ... &hpt=hp_c1
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: And I Say....

Post by E_ »

Yep, someone needs to torch and pitchfork the speculators and also send a thank you card to OPEC. Too often OPEC gets blamed but I assure you they want NONE Of this high fuel price. They don't want to see us go to electric etc. They want us to stay on oil and keeping it cheaper will keep them in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. We have a mutual need with them. The Specualtors IMO are nothing but middle man criminals that don't even have to put their own money on the line.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

X( X( X(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
mrpid
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by mrpid »

Just how did they become speculators to begin with? Who are they? Can we vote them out?? Or can we find out who they are and have them tarred and feathered and dragged around the White House!!!!!! X( X( X( (thanks for letting me get that off my chest) :-w
Louisville/ Sulphur Creek Four Winns Vista 278
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

The specs are just folks like you and me. The buy up oil stock at a price hoping to make a big profit. They just drive up the cost of oil. They never have to take possesion of the product. That is waht the new law should read. You must take possesion in 30 days. End of speculators!!!!!!!
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

There's gotta be a way to put a positive spin on this somehow. :-?

Maybe all that excess stockpiled oil will hit the market right in time for boating season driving summer gas prices to it's lowest level in fifteen years. :D
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I hate to sound devious about this, but I'll bet a steak at Malones that gas prices in October and the First week of November are the lowest in years. Politics 101, people have short memories the 30 days leading up to the election all will be peachy.

Return to “General Talk”