T.V.

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

kdfwr911
Better Member

T.V.

Post by kdfwr911 »

Just watching 60th anniversary programming of the Today show and they played a clip from the very first show. The announcer said something to the effect that they were trying something new and if you had turned your TV on and was viewing the live footage from NY instead of a "test pattern" then you would know what was going on. Anyway, it just reminded me of the old days when the networks signed off at night and if you turned the TV on all you would get was that stupid test pattern until they signed back on the next morning. Anyone remember when they quit doing that? Sometime in the 70"s maybe?
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Re: T.V.

Post by Islander_212 »

kdfwr911

I think some, or all of the three broadcast networks still do from time-to-time. I have seen them off the air in the past... I hardly ever watch the networks as their programming is a joke, far too biased to the left, if you catch my drift. Generally sporting events when I have to, as it generally is sub-par as well.

Return to “General Talk”