Opinions Needed

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Rafe Covington
I posted something! WooHoo!

Opinions Needed

Post by Rafe Covington »

Hello everybody, I am in the process of looking for a houseboat. I am undecided about whether to keep on Lake Cumberland or the Tenn. River. Sure would appreciate opinions concerning both options, thanks.

Rafe
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Opinions Needed

Post by E_ »

I think that would depend on if you plan on travelling with it or not. If you just want somewhere to go and relax and maybe take a 70 mile one way crusie at most Cumberland would be my Choice. You could stay in a different cove every day and that would keep you busy for several years. ;)

If you have the need to try your luck navigating rivers then I guess the Tenn is your best bet.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Why would you even consider the Tenn River if Lake Cumberland was an option?
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Had a houseboat on Cumberland - can't say enough good things about it. Like E said, if you want more relaxation, it could be years before you ever have to stay in the same place and like kdfwr911, how could you pick a river over cumberland except that you are landlocked, so to speak... I never cared for rivers so my decision was easy.

Good Luck on your decision, you'll enjoy it either way I am sure :)

Welcome to the forum!! :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Lake.
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

It's gotta be the lake! to me it's the only logical choice.

I mean "come on man" :p
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

kdfwr911 wrote:Why would you even consider the Tenn River if Lake Cumberland was an option?
My thoughts as well? :-?
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

A friend of mine used to have a houseboat on the TN river in Alabama. It sure was nice to take a trip up to Chattanooga for the weekend and take your hotel with you.
Attachments
P5060037 (Small).JPG
P5060037 (Small).JPG (36.63 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
P5060017 (Small).JPG
P5060017 (Small).JPG (44.18 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
P5060028 (Small).JPG
P5060028 (Small).JPG (27.77 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
P5060051 (Small).JPG
P5060051 (Small).JPG (44.18 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Well.......... I can say this, depending on the distance to get to either one could be a huge deciding factor. I own my own boat dock on the Kentucky River it is .5(that's 1/2) mile from my front door. I ride on my boat several times through the week after work, I've always said, the lake is great and I love coming down to LC and 9 out of 10 times that I put it on the trailer it is to take it to LC, but it sure is nice not to have to drive anywhere to go for a boat ride. I have 40 miles of river I can travel on anytime I want. On the river you have to deal with current, and trees, stumps, ect. but at least in my case I don't have to deal with hauling, traffic, boat ramps, lodging, PFO's(that's people from Ohio) ect. To each their own, but I wouldn't trade my boat dock less than a mile from my house, for a free slip on LC right now.

Return to “General Talk”