So, now Im a gawker?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

DMS

So, now Im a gawker?

Post by DMS »

X( X( X(
Me and wife setting here a couple of hours ago when THUD. Looked out the window, saw a car laying on it roof just below a broken light pole.

We step across the road while EMS and fire units worked to extricate people via Jaws Of Life. Thats when a newer deputy L-) approched us saying we needed to step back further out of respect for victims. "Someday it might be you or your family, how would you like people standing around GAWKING?

Sorry for the rant but that really POd me BAD. I aint no hero nor trying to be. Just a dumb ol redneck who was brought up to help ANYONE anyway I can and would want someone to help me/mine.

Was I wrong to get pi$$ed?

BTW this was another neighboring family. Their son died 2 weeks ago in Chicago, mommas been in Lake Cumberland Regional...terminal. Dad and daughter was bringing her home. Only appox 1 mile from house.

Prayers for family please

edited
Last edited by DMS on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: So, now Im a gawker?

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Wow Denmark, what a story, what a friggin jerkoff cop-- opens mouth and says something stupid before asking/investigating. You had every right to say whatever, and then some. You should be commended for your going above and beyond in your jammies!!
Thoughts and prayers for the family.....
Happy camper and happy boater!!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Thanks for being a standup guy. Hopefully the cop has learned a lesson but I ain't holdin'my breath. Kudos to you and your wife. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Prayers to the family...what a heavy load they're carrying right now.... :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I agree with SUTS, I would guess he was not just a new to the area but new to being a deputy. Some people just can't handle "power" when they first get it. Some never are able to handle it.

You did well!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

You did a great job Denmark! For future reference to anyone who comes upon a scene like this.

1. do not allow anyone in the accident to move unless they are in immidiate danger. I have been on to many scenes where people are up walking around saying they are fine and then they collapse due to internal bleeding or something else.

2. If possible try to hold the victims head and keep the neck straight as possible to prevent further injury.

3. If I read your post correctly you crawled inside a car that was upside down. Although very commendable :ymapplause: I would not suggest anyone to do this. All vehicles need to be properly cribbed before entering the vehicle. the last thing the fire/ems need is an extra victim.

So, No you are not a Gawker, you did a great job and I think you would make a great volunteer firefighter. :ymapplause:
pourme
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by pourme »

Sometimes these guys with badges show up and there is nothing to do and they feel obligated to show their d@mn authority. Every profession has idiots, people on power trips, etc and while there are some great people in law enformcement it is a proffession that more often than not people get into because they want that power and authority because they can't get it any other way without the badge, uniform and gun.
Envy Our Past, Fear Our Future...Go CATS!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

pourme wrote: they can't get it any other way without the badge, uniform and gun.
You don't mean that they have small....oh, nevermind! Jist my BS personality comin' out! :D ;;) :-*
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Denmark, I would just let the words from the officer blow past, it is very possible that this might have even been his first horrific accident he had shown up to first and was just in shock himself.

This is certainly a horrible situation for the family and I will tell you that if I am ever in need of kind words and a human touch, I hope someone like you and your wife show up. God Bless you both. :ymhug:

Prayers for the family, they are certainly in need.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
DMS

Post by DMS »

Thoughts for the daughter...she has lost her brother, mother, now dad in the last 4 months.

An elderly Russell County man that was severely burned Tuesday morning after falling into a “burn pit” on his property has died at a Lexington hospital. RCSO Deputy David Cain told WJRS NEWS that 78 year old Charles Grant was burning wood in a concrete “burn pit” he frequently used, when he apparently slipped and fell into the fire. His daughter was nearby and pulled Grant from the fire, but his clothing had already burned and he suffered severe burns over 70-80% of his body. The Russell County EMS responded to the scene at 148 Frank Road, just south of the Ky. 379 & Ky. 55 intersection, where they treated Grant, then transported him to the nearby Fairview Separate Baptist Church where he was then airlifted by Air Evac emergency helicopter to the U.K. Medical Center. Grant succumbed to his injuries Tuesday night. A complete death announcement for Charles Grant will be announced later by Stotts-Phelps-McQueary Funeral Home of Columbia.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

That is so sad.... :( :( :ymsigh: :ymsigh:

Return to “General Talk”