Bennington pontoon boats?

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

weedbeater17
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cabin that overlooks Lee's Ford

Bennington pontoon boats?

Post by weedbeater17 »

Looking at purchasing one. Any comments- Pro and cons. Always had Sea Ray bow-riders. Pontoon will be a new experience. Been told the older you get the slower the toys. Any truth to this? :-?
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Re: Bennington pontoon boats?

Post by imaposer »

I'll sell you mine. 2010 bennington 2550 rcw. Has a 250 verado on it. around 50 hours.

I'll post a whole reply on the pros/cons as I see them when I have more time. I can get a little long winded.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

We really like ours!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

weedbeater17 wrote: Been told the older you get the slower the toys. Any truth to this? :-?

Unless you're in a midlife crisis, LOL =)) :D For most of us that is true they get slower, but they sure as heck don't get any cheaper.... love the pontoon life... (word from the wise, get one with a privacy closet ;) )
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Bennington is one of the better brands of Pontoons, if you are buying used then none of that matters is it's beat all to hale. As far as getting old and going slow, I've been pontooning for about 8-9 years now and you couldn't give me a runabout. I currently have a 22ft Odyssey and it has more room than most 28ft open bow boats.

Katie, mine has a changing room if you ever need to borrow it...... just watch out for the camera wires. :ymhug:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Lock so does ours, but now you let the cat out. I have to go get the wires out before she checks. Darn it!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

=)) =)) =)) That's ok, I've got cameras aimed down the sides :D ;) :ymdevil:

Lock, you should make a "black box" where the girls would have to punch in their age before entering then set that camera to shut off after 50! (or before if you wish). LOL ;)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Talk”