A very humbleing responce

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

A very humbleing responce

Post by $parechange »

Be sure to read the letter at the bottom of the email

Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 7:06 AM

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:

'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our
good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly-by of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly-by, and because of the jet noise, I'm
sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and
servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured.

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Whom do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in
their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.
USAF -

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: A very humbleing responce

Post by E_ »

Wow
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I hope it stung enough!!!!
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I often tell people, America is not at war, America is at the mall,.............. our troops are at war, and for that we should thank them every chance we get.

I am lucky that I get to see National Guardsmen/women in Frankfort often, I never pass one in a store or elsewhere that I don't greet them with a "thank you" they just nod and go on about their way. I spent my college years in the Marines and I will always remember how I felt when someone said thanks to me. :ymhug:
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Lock5 wrote:I often tell people, America is not at war, America is at the mall,.............. our troops are at war, and for that we should thank them every chance we get.

I am lucky that I get to see National Guardsmen/women in Frankfort often, I never pass one in a store or elsewhere that I don't greet them with a "thank you" they just nod and go on about their way. I spent my college years in the Marines and I will always remember how I felt when someone said thanks to me. :ymhug:
Well said!
Brrrrr!

WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Some people speak before they think.
Some people think before they speak.

Some people don't have to say anything......their actions speak louder than words.

Thanks for posting this Spare.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Where have you been WW? [-(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

We live close and work even closer to Camp Atterbury. I believe it is the last "active" training camp in IN so needless to say, if we head out to lunch to the north a little, there are many of them out and about. I find myself getting misty sometimes as some of them are so young and you know very far from home. I often wish I was the type of person that I could just go up and start talking to them, but I'm not so I admire from afar (so to speak). :ymhug:

We can certainly hear and feel when they are bombing and can hear the "rapid-fire" of the machine guns, (or whatever the heck they're calling them now) and my prayers are very active during those times. It's really something when the pilots are practicing, helicopters, fighters and the other big planes. I try to rush outside to see them when I hear them approaching.

this lady that was complaining is just an old bitty! X( I would have loved to see her reaction while reading the letter!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

It wouldn't bother me a bit to be close to an active base like that, I love to watch that stuff. I am always in awe of that kind of stuff.
Brrrrr!

Return to “General Talk”