swim platforms

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

swim platforms

Post by LC addict »

I priced a swim platform for my boat from swimplatforms.com a few months ago, but didn't order it. This past wknd some friends had gotten one and now it has me ready to order one, but was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere else I should check before I order one?
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: swim platforms

Post by E_ »

Ask WhiteNights

..and I can't remember but maybe Nearly.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Do you think one would fit above the captains call? I was looking at a pic of one on the Mariah Owners fB site and it looks like it will be really close.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Suzy,

They list one available for your boat, so it should be designed to fit around the through hull exhaust. Call the company and chack to be sure, but I bet it will be fine.

You need it installed?

Don
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

MarineAssist wrote:Suzy,

They list one available for your boat, so it should be designed to fit around the through hull exhaust. Call the company and chack to be sure, but I bet it will be fine.

You need it installed?

Don
Actually I will need it installed, how much do you charge to put on a swim platform?
JabezBoy
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina

Post by JabezBoy »

What kind of price are we talking here? I need one too (and installed), but not sure of the price. Can Suzy and I get a group discount?
"Boats - Vessels of Freedom, Harbours of Healing - Boats"
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

I would have to look at the boat again to see. Each boat is different, due to the access you have available to where it attaches. Some are easier than others.

I am sure I can get it installed, but I can't guess at the price without looking at either of them.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Jabezboy, I priced mine at swimplatforms.com and also through Mariah dealer, the one from swimplatforms.com was several hundred cheaper.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

I can get you a deal through the Crownline guys (sometimes) when they do some special pricing. Let me see what I can find out... I would like to have one too...
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Alright... I've got my guy working on it. I told him I know of four people that are interested (LC addict, JabezBoy, Steve V and yours truly) right now and could maybe get a couple more. Is there anyone else out there? I need for you to get me the year, make and model of your boat and I will send it right to him.
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

'93 Sea Ray Signature Series Cuddy Cabin
I will be down June 24th, maybe for a MONTH; so, I can do it anytime in that time frame (if it is affordable for me).
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

I am thinking the installation is worth around $250. That could go up some if the boat has to be disassembled partially to gain access to where the bolts go through the hull. Each one is different.
crwky

Post by crwky »

MarineAssist wrote:I am thinking the installation is worth around $250. That could go up some if the boat has to be disassembled partially to gain access to where the bolts go through the hull. Each one is different.
Sounds like a deal to me. I would not want just anyone drilling 6-8 holes through my boat. I would jump on that just in case it goes up after the first one. lol
gumby
Contributor

Post by gumby »

Suzy, I have a platform from Swimplatforms.com. I highly recommend them! There are several other swim platform companies out there, but it seems that Swimplatforms.com is the highest rated. Its very difficult to find someone who is not thrilled with their platform. A VERY good company to deal with. I got mine about 2 years ago and paid about $1800 with shipping. I don't recall exactly how much I paid for the install, but I seem to remember about $190 and they were swearing they wouldn't do it for that price again (read that as it'll be more expensive next time!). So I think Don's offer of $250 is a pretty good deal. A friend who has basically the same boat as I ended up having to move his tie-down mounts and it cost him 300-400 more due to the extra gelcoat work that needed to be done.

I do know several people who have put their own on with little to no problem, so that is also an option. I think it's taking them 4-5 hours to do. Just take your time and have a few extra people to help with it.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Thanks! Several friends of ours already have swimplatforms from them. I just hope mine will sit lower than i think it will! Still waiting for Craig to get the numbers to see if we can get a group rate, I will likely have Don install it...hey Don! Do I get a discount for being a Marine Assist customer since you have been here and you sold me the boat??? lol
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

LC addict wrote:Thanks! Several friends of ours already have swimplatforms from them. I just hope mine will sit lower than i think it will! Still waiting for Craig to get the numbers to see if we can get a group rate, I will likely have Don install it...hey Don! Do I get a discount for being a Marine Assist customer since you have been here and you sold me the boat??? lol
Suzie

I have not yet gotten Steve and Diane's boat information. I did email him. Do you know the Model and Year of his boat?

Craig
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

JabezBoy wrote:'93 Sea Ray Signature Series Cuddy Cabin
I will be down June 24th, maybe for a MONTH; so, I can do it anytime in that time frame (if it is affordable for me).
Jabez Boy

What is the length of your boat?

Thanks!

Craig
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

or would it be the width
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:or would it be the width
E

I think the Signature Series models include the length such as 220 or 240 which would indicate a 22' and 24' boat respectively. I think from this they know the contour and the width of the boat. Sometimes they will ask for pictures and / or the customer to draw a template based on a package they send to you.

Craig
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Islander_212 wrote:
LC addict wrote:Thanks! Several friends of ours already have swimplatforms from them. I just hope mine will sit lower than i think it will! Still waiting for Craig to get the numbers to see if we can get a group rate, I will likely have Don install it...hey Don! Do I get a discount for being a Marine Assist customer since you have been here and you sold me the boat??? lol
Suzie

I have not yet gotten Steve and Diane's boat information. I did email him. Do you know the Model and Year of his boat?

Craig

I sold Steve and Dianne a 2000 or 2001 Chaparral 280 bowrider.

Don
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

MarineAssist wrote:

Don
Thanks Don!
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Islander_212 wrote:
JabezBoy wrote:'93 Sea Ray Signature Series Cuddy Cabin
Jabez Boy

What is the length of your boat?

Thanks!

Craig

His is either a 23 Sundancer or a 24 Overnighter.

I think it is the 23 footer.

Don
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Islander_212 wrote:
MarineAssist wrote:

Don
Thanks Don!

No problem. I have sold 160 boats from here in the last 3 years, so I may know a few of them. More than half went all over the country and some overseas.
E_
Site Admin

E Hijack

Post by E_ »

MarineAssist wrote: I sold Steve and Dianne a 2000 or 2001 Chaparral 280 bowrider.

Don
Well good for you, when are you going to sell my boat and sell me a small cruiser on a trailer? 8-}
MarineAssist
Better Member

Re: E Hijack

Post by MarineAssist »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
MarineAssist wrote: I sold Steve and Dianne a 2000 or 2001 Chaparral 280 bowrider.

Don
Well good for you, when are you going to sell my boat and sell me a small cruiser on a trailer? 8-}

=; I had yours sold for ALL the money and you backed up.... chiken chit! LOL That guy in Germany was going to pay it all.

You have to sell when you have a willing buyer because there will ALWAYS be another boat coming along, but not always another full price buyer.
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

Here is an embarassing admission - I'm not sure. I think Don is right - 23 feet.

Hey, I just drive the thing and pay someone else to take care of it. When I was in my teens and 20s, I could take most of my car apart and put it back together. I am lucky to get the key to work on most things I own now - PATHETIC.
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

I am still the Muslim Shiite though with a cooler and a bottle opener! I know how to work those!
E_
Site Admin

E Hijack

Post by E_ »

lol, the international deal indeed scared me. :P
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Everyone

Well... My guy just let me know Swim Platforms informed him that he can only sell locally to him (Nebraska). This means they would only ship to him and he would ship to us which would end up eating up any discounts we would be getting. Sorry. If some other way presents itself I will let you know.

Craig
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

What about the $500 deposit I gave to Cousin Ronnie to give to you? Cousin Ronnie said it was needed for "research and development".
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

JabezBoy wrote:What about the $500 deposit I gave to Cousin Ronnie to give to you? Cousin Ronnie said it was needed for "research and development".
JB

You obviously did not read that really fine print in that contract. I am shocked you missed it. It was for Ronnie and I to research how much beer we could purchase and drink with $500! As predicted it was a lot and it went fast. Our research is complete! Now multiply that times four other boat owners who did the same and... Cousin Ronnie and I will be out of commission a bit...

Craig
JabezBoy

Post by JabezBoy »

Just remember that lil' piece of advice Cousin Ronnie gave at the Forum Party: "Don't ever mix sleeping pills with Ex-Lax"
:-)
bajababe342
Marina/Ramp: Sunset Marina

Post by bajababe342 »

Islander_212 wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:or would it be the width
E

I think the Signature Series models include the length such as 220 or 240 which would indicate a 22' and 24' boat respectively. I think from this they know the contour and the width of the boat. Sometimes they will ask for pictures and / or the customer to draw a template based on a package they send to you.

Craig
We had checked on a swim platform from them quite a while back. They offered to design one for us as they did not have a template on a 342. I don't know if they have done one for a boat similiar to ours since, but I would love to see what it would like before I send a check. They look fabulous on cruisers, but not sure on a go fast. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Return to “General Talk”