Gas Prices Expected To Jump Again In Lexington Soon

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/gas-prices-ex ... gton-soon/

Posted: May 24, 2011 2:44 PM

Motorists should be aware of the likelihood of rising gas prices in the next 48 hours and through the weekend in Lexington.

"I expect stations to increase prices to $3.89-$4.15 by weekend with a majority of stations starting to raise prices as early as tomorrow morning", says Patrick DeHaan, GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst.

DeHaan tweeted that a price hike was likely in the Great Lakes area after ExxonMobil's Joliet, IL refinery was heard to have had yet another unexpected problem while restarting their facility, boosting concern about supply as the summer driving season is just days away. ExxonMobil's refinery in Joliet can process up to 238,000 barrels of oil per day.

DeHaan also said that prices outside the Great Lakes would likely continue to slowly fall as wholesale prices in other regions have only risen a few cents compared to the near 40-cent increase in wholesale prices in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Gas Prices Expected To Jump Again In Lexington Soon

Post by $parechange »

Hell yes they will go up, it's a frickin holiday!!!!! They are all a bunch of gouging ba$tards!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

It's down to $3.74/gallon in Somerset right now. That's subject to change by 5 PM though. I still can't fill up my truck though if the tanks is down since the pumps stop at $100.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

OH at least you get to $100, mine stops at $75 so I have been loading a Wal-mart card without enough and filling up at Murphy USA using it. But even when I use the debit/credit card I can hang the hose up and start again to finish. I'd bet you can too. It is just a PITA.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Some gas stations stop at $75, some at $100. Not to long ago many of them stopped at $50.

Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Put $150 in the boat last Saturday at the Shell station in Jamestown and that was with no stopping... That is rare. Most of them have gone to $100 / per event with prices so high.
E_
Site Admin

Was the first story just to get everyone to run out and fill

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/pump-prices-l ... y-weekend/

Pump Prices Lower Ahead Of Memorial Day Weekend
Posted: May 26, 2011 12:30 PM

(AP) - Drivers getting an early start on the Memorial Day weekend are pulling out of gas stations with a little more cash in their pockets.

The national average for unleaded regular gasoline was $3.81 a gallon on Thursday. That's 9 cents less than it was a week ago, according to AAA, Wright Express and the Oil Price Information Service.

Most stations across the country are charging even less - about $3.70 a gallon. That's down 10 cents from Wednesday, according to Fred Rozell, retail pricing director for the OPIS.

Consumers in California, Washington, Illinois and five other states are paying the highest prices in a range between $3.91 and $4.28 a gallon. The cheapest prices - between $3.57 and $3.69 a gallon, can be found in Wyoming, Arizona, parts of the Midwest and the South.

Pump prices are expected to drift lower through the holiday weekend, reflecting lower oil prices, which are down about 12 percent since the beginning of May.

"There's a lot of room between what the retailers are charging and wholesale prices so we should see that continue to creep down," Rozell said.

AAA predicts nearly 35 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home this Memorial Day weekend, a slight increase from 2010. They are expected to spend less on things like hotel rooms and restaurants because of higher gas prices. Pump prices are the highest they've been since August, 2008.

In other trading, oil prices fell after the government offered fresh signs of slower economic growth. The Commerce Department confirmed that the economy grew at an annual rate of 1.8 percent in the first quarter. The government cited high gasoline prices, weaker-than-expected consumer spending and government budget cuts as reasons for the sluggishness. Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of all economic activity.

Also, the Labor Department reported that more people applied for unemployment benefits last week.

Tom Bentz, analyst at BNP Paribas Commodity Futures, said oil traders watch every report for evidence of how the economy is faring. If the news is good, oil prices tend to rise on hopes that demand will improve. If the news is disappointing, prices fall, he said.

Benchmark oil for July delivery fell $1.27 to $100.05 per barrel in midday trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In London, Brent crude lost 52 cents at $114.41 on the ICE Futures exchange.

Natural gas prices dropped after the Energy Department said supplies continued to grow, rising more than analysts expected last week. Gas held in underground storage in the lower 48 states totaled 2.024 trillion cubic feet for the week ended May 20. That was 1.3 percent below the five-year average.

Natural gas for July delivery fell 12 cents, or 2.8 percent, to $4.300 per 1,000 cubic feet on the Nymex.

In other Nymex trading heating oil was virtually unchanged at $2.9908 per gallon and gasoline gained 1 cent at $2.9995 per gallon.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Gas here dropped to $3.849 this week and today is back up to $3.989.... :-? X(
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

$3.849 this morning in Somerset

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

It was $3.689 this PM in Somerset! Hope ya filled up this AM, slower! :D :D =)) =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

re3too wrote:It was $3.689 this PM in Somerset! Hope ya filled up this AM, slower! :D :D =)) =))
Nah, I have a half tank left. I'll be fine until they get over $4 by Saturday. :D :D

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FasterThanYou wrote:
re3too wrote:It was $3.689 this PM in Somerset! Hope ya filled up this AM, slower! :D :D =)) =))
Nah, I have a half tank left. I'll be fine until they get over $4 by Saturday. :D :D
Oh, crap! I filled up, jist in case! I was just below a quarter and that's too low for me! :-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

OMG! I just got diesel for under $3.99 I had just under 3/4 of a tank already but I went ahead and put some in because it was $3.70! For diesel.

Now if htey would drop that by a dollar a gallon I would actually be happy.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:OMG! I just got diesel for under $3.99 I had just under 3/4 of a tank already but I went ahead and put some in because it was $3.70! For diesel.

Now if htey would drop that by a dollar a gallon I would actually be happy.

Told you all of the crappy was gone outta your weekend, lol! Should have bought a lotto ticket with your savings ;) :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

no lotto for me. ;)
E_
Site Admin

Several Lexington gas stations advertise gas under $3 a gall

Post by E_ »

Sure would love to have the diesel prices drop below $3 as well. Really we should be around $2 IMO.
http://www1.lex18.com/news/gas-prices-continue-to-drop/ <- be careful going to the link if you have your sound on Lex18 has here lately had Sutherland Chevrolet Ads at the bottom of the page that just start autoplaying... ARGH.

Gas Prices Continue To Drop

Posted: Dec 19, 2011 8:02 AM
Several Lexington gas stations advertised regular unleaded gas under $3 per gallon Monday morning.

Local average retail gasoline fell 11.9 cents per gallon over the past week, averaging $3.09 per Sunday. This compares with the national average that fell 4.3 cents per gallon in the last week to $3.23 per gallon, according to gasoline price website LexingtonGasPrices.com.

Prices Sunday stood 17.6 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago and 16.7 cents per gallon lower than a month ago. The national average decreased 13.4 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 26.4 cents per gallon higher than this day one year ago.

"Gas prices across much of the nation continue their downward move, bringing the national average for a gallon down to its lowest level since late February," GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan said. "While some motorists are thinking these falling gasoline prices are nice, I'll unpleasantly remind them that gasoline prices will still set record highs this Christmas across much of America. Motorists have never seen average prices this high on Christmas. As prices typically reach a low point during early winter, this sets up a troubling start to 2012 in terms of gasoline prices. Summer gasoline prices typically are 80-120 cents per gallon higher than where prices stand around Christmas."
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Didn't get online last night and missed this one. Oh well here it is -
Price Hike Warning for March 11, 2013
LexingtonGasPrices.com
Watch out! Gas prices could be jumping in Lexington! Warn your friends.
Pre-Hike Average
Projected Average
3.79 +/- 0.08
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

What's the going excuse this time?? Spring Break?? Come on hybrids, electric and some type of alternative fuel.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Wonder how big the profits will be this quarter? I mean how many BILLIONS? X(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

^ Exactly!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Pre-Hike Average 3.49
Projected Average 3.69 +/- 0.06

Warning Buddies, we suspect gasoline prices may be rising to 3.69 +/- 0.06 over the next 36.5 hours. We calculate the odds of this increase occurring to be 82%.

Thanks,

The Gasbuddy Team
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I seen this too yesterday....

a.m. Jeffie filled up @ 3.51
p.m. I filled up at same place for 3.57
today at lunch, gas was 3.46...... who's blowing smoke???

I think the danged media affects the price as much as anyone! :-?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

BA$TARDS! X(
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

EPA perhaps needs to be reigned in little. Like that will really happen.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now the last time it spiked for just a day and then 3 days later went lower than prespike. Lets see what happens this time.
Price Hike Warning for April 15, 2013
LexingtonGasPrices.com
Pre-Hike Average
Projected Average
3.49 +/- 0.04

Warning Buddies, we suspect gasoline prices may be rising to 3.49 +/- 0.04 over the next 36.5 hours. We calculate the odds of this increase occurring to be 93%.

Thanks,

The Gasbuddy Team
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Our gas just SPIKED from $3.26 to $3. 69 a gallon! X( That's 43 cents PER friggen gallon. X( X(
Crude is $88 per barrel, so what's up with this increase!!!
http://www.currentcrudeoilprices.com/

I know it won't do any good, but I wrote my senator...again!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LexingtonGasPrices.com
Pre-Hike Average
Projected Average
3.59 +/- 0.08

Warning Buddies, we suspect gasoline prices may be rising to 3.59 +/- 0.08 over the next 37 hours. We calculate the odds of this increase occurring to be 93%.

Thanks,

The Gasbuddy Team
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Image
LexingtonGasPrices.com
Pre-Hike Average
Projected Average
3.59 +/- 0.08

Warning Buddies, we suspect gasoline prices may be rising to 3.59 +/- 0.08 over the next 37 hours. We calculate the odds of this increase occurring to be 93%.

Thanks,

The Gasbuddy Team
It's been 3.60 - 3.80 up here for a few weeks. I've made it down to the lake the last two weekends and made sure to fill up in mt vernon both times. I got it for 3.28 on Sunday, and 3.31 the week before that. There should be something within the next ten days to get it back at that $4 number for the holiday weekend.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Pre-Hike Average
Projected Average
3.45 +/- 0.03
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Price Hike Warning for August 14, 2013
LexingtonGasPrices.com
Pre-Hike Average

Projected Average
3.55 +/- 0.01

...hope that doesn't mean diesel jumps that much too and ends up over $4 again. grrrrr

Last week on the lake I already paid around $5.15 a gallon or so... Image
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LexingtonGasPrices.com

Pre-Hike Average

Projected Average
3.49 +/- 0.05

These stations in your area usually react slowly, check their prices:

Station Area Address
Shell Lexington - SE 3469 Buckhorn Dr
Murphy USA Winchester 120 Codella Dr
BP Nicholasville 4000 Catnip Hill Rd
Speedway Lexington - NW 1001 Georgetown Rd
Speedway Georgetown 101 Southgate Dr
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

gas.png
gas.png (100.88 KiB) Viewed 31218 times
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

What does gas buddy require of you to get reports when you sign up?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

At first I just got a e-mail alert on my zip code but now I have the app and it alerts me.
JLA

Post by JLA »

We just jumped to $3.759 from $3.499, so you are getting off "cheap". Cost was $3.529 yesterday in Northern KY.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

IMG_1013063130358407.jpeg
IMG_1013063130358407.jpeg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 30953 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Lol, election is over
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Coming home from the lake today-gas just south of Junction City was $2.74. Had to wait out on the highway to find room to turn in they were so busy. 30 miles on to home and gas price at $3.09. :-\ :-\
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://pricehikes.gasbuddy.com/Lexington/5037
GBuddy.JPG
GBuddy.JPG (52.82 KiB) Viewed 30913 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Attachments
IMG_20150203_170402.jpg
IMG_20150203_170402.jpg (71.64 KiB) Viewed 30828 times
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Of course they are going to go up, summer is coming, another year of inflated gas prices at the lake.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

GPHA.png
GPHA.png (29.34 KiB) Viewed 30795 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Ours here in FL jumped $.20 overnight. X(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Price Hike Warning for April 7, 2015
LexingtonGasPrices.com

Pre-Hike Average

Projected Average
2.45 +/- 0.13

These stations in your area usually react slowly, check their prices:

Station Area Address
Thorntons Lexington - SE 441 Redding Rd
Shell Winchester 570 Van Meter Rd
Marathon Lexington - Central 1209 Winchester Rd
Shell Richmond 200 Eastern Bypass
Speedway Nicholasville 979 N Main St

Warning Buddies, we suspect gasoline prices may be rising to 2.45 +/- 0.13 over the next 38 hours. We calculate the odds of this increase occurring to be 76%.

Thanks,

The Gasbuddy Team
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

(Is it just me or is this "hike" alert a drop?)

LexingtonGasPrices.com

Pre-Hike Average

Projected Average
2.53 +/- 0.04
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Sorry SOB's! X(
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Just jumped to $2.89 a gallon here! X(

Crude oil is $59 bucks a barrel.
http://www.currentcrudeoilprices.com/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WTF.... seriously!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

It was $2.79 in Somerset this morning. We got it for $2.59 in Monticello. The sorry SOB's raised it 32 cents overnight a couple of days ago. X( Can't wait to see FL's next week! #:-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Maybe you should come have a late lunch with us tomorrow and waste some more gas. Lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_ wrote:Maybe you should come have a late lunch with us tomorrow and waste some more gas. Lol
No can do...too much work to do here. My lake days are done.... :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:-(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Would you expect any different just before a holiday? Coincidence? Riiiigggghhht
Attachments
_20150701_124319.JPG
_20150701_124319.JPG (77.5 KiB) Viewed 30621 times

Return to “General Talk”