June 4th - 3rd Annual Blues, Boats & BBQ Fest

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

June 4th - 3rd Annual Blues, Boats & BBQ Fest

Post by FasterThanYou »

Sate Dock will be hosting the 3rd Annual Blues, Boats & BBQ Fest on June 4th. Blues bands will be playing all day including Vlevetta Jones.

There will also be some boats on display form local dealers.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: June 4th - 3rd Annual Blues, Boats & BBQ Fest

Post by katie »

hmmmm, I looovvvee me some Blues.... anyone here going to be there?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
jpatton
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Whatever ramp E_HILLMAN decides to put in at...LOL

Post by jpatton »

I'd like to, but the wife and I have been meaning to take a trip up to Michigan to visit family. I think that's the weekend we'll be going.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Lets do it!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

I'll be there with 4 boats. Stop on by!!! I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Jeff for ages.

Nearly

Post by Nearly »

Nearly will be running around as usual. They have some good music if you like that venue. The BBQ is worth trying too, especially the guy that comes down from Columbus...
And you never know when old E may show up...
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

$pare, I can get us a boatel for the weekend if you're interested. LC was also thinking about it... If you're in we can fill a six bedroom 750 for $84 / couple for the entire weekend of Friday and Saturday night.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I will work on Kate. She is the boss. but I would like to attend.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

Just Chillin will be there. Can't wait! Looking forward to a great weekend!!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Just Chillin wrote:Just Chillin will be there. Can't wait! Looking forward to a great weekend!!
Great! I'll see ya there.

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Spare Change wrote:I will work on Kate. She is the boss but I would like to attend.

PULEEZZE.... if I was boss you would not have bought that money pit.

You don't even like blues, heck, I couldn't get more'n hour outta you at Bean Blossom before you were asking how long does this last!!!! 8-|

I will let you know tomorrow Craig! :)
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

In Spare's defense, and I don't know what the Bean Blossom is, but the name doesn't really inspire me to attend that event. it doesnt sound very interesting. No offense Katie. =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

LOL
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
crwky

Post by crwky »

As of right now I will be there without child....
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Dang it. I'm trying to find a way to get there. It seems work/family is pulling all the stops to keep me north this weekend. I may say hell with it and go solo.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I was thinking of stopping by for some BBQ and a quick hello to some of those east enders, but heard tickets were $15 each. Does anyone know if that is correct? Not trying to be cheap, but there are 8 of us, and if we are just going for lunch and say a quick hello, and not planning to stay long, it would be somewhat of an expensive day.

And Craig, no boatel for me, Timothy will be down again next wknd and I need some nephew time! I owe him a bonfire on Saturday night so we can roast some marshmallows!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

okay, answered my own question: http://russellcounty.net/news.php?subac ... m=&ucat=3&
Faster give me a call if you have time to visit for awhile before the festival, we will likely be in our favorite cove just a few minutes from SD.
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

State Dock's 3rd Annual Blues, Boats and BBQ Festival is in just three days! Sorry I haven't been on this site sooner to drum up some business but better late than never!!!

We will have seven bands playing some great blues starting at 1pm CT. The bands literaly play back to back (very short breaks between bands) and will continue until about 11:30pm ish. The gate fee is $15 for adults. Children 12 and under are free. You must be 21 yrs. of age to attend or be with an adult if you are underage. Our State Dock Grill will be serving BBQ and Sam Diggity's BBQ out of Richmond, KY will also be set up and serving several different types of BBQ including pulled pork, beef brisket, chicken and ribs. Four local boat dealers will also be there displaying some of their boats including Unlimited Marine, Cumberland Sea Ray, Lake Cumberland Marine, and Hilltop Marine.

I know it has been mentioned that the fee is $15 and with a large group it could be pricey...but we have to pay for Seven bands!!! The gate receipts are what do that! Check out our website: lakecumberlandbluesfest.com for some cool pictures of last year and a run down of the bands that Skinny Dipper (is he on this site?) has booked for this event and a full menu for Sam Diggity's BBQ.

I hope everyone will save up their nickles, dimes and quarters and come on out to a great event!

BTW if you think Blues music is mild, laid back, kinda boring then you haven't heard these blues bands! Skinny Dipper describes Velveeta Jones' music as "Electric Blues"! These bands will rock the dock with blues!!!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Just Chillin wrote:In Spare's defense, and I don't know what the Bean Blossom is, but the name doesn't really inspire me to attend that event. it doesnt sound very interesting. No offense Katie. =))

=)) =)) =)) No offense taken Chillin! ;)

Actually, Bean Blossom is a 3 Day Blues Fest about 40 min. from our house, near Bloomington, IN.... great fun!

http://beanblossomblues.com/

Takes place at the "Bill Monroe" park, great setting & lodging and there's jammin almost around the clock. There is always someone just sittin off to the side with their "tools" just itchin to jam when they're not on stage.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Unfortunately, I will not be able to take off work friday as originally planned - have to head down another time... :(

You all have a wonderful weekend!!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

I understand the gate fee Deb, I dont want you to think I was complaining. I have plans to be with my nephew this wknd and would only be able to stop by for 30 minutes or so, so can't really justify it. But you are right, Velveeta Jones rocks!
raptorlvr wrote:State Dock's 3rd Annual Blues, Boats and BBQ Festival is in just three days! Sorry I haven't been on this site sooner to drum up some business but better late than never!!!

We will have seven bands playing some great blues starting at 1pm CT. The bands literaly play back to back (very short breaks between bands) and will continue until about 11:30pm ish. The gate fee is $15 for adults. Children 12 and under are free. You must be 21 yrs. of age to attend or be with an adult if you are underage. Our State Dock Grill will be serving BBQ and Sam Diggity's BBQ out of Richmond, KY will also be set up and serving several different types of BBQ including pulled pork, beef brisket, chicken and ribs. Four local boat dealers will also be there displaying some of their boats including Unlimited Marine, Cumberland Sea Ray, Lake Cumberland Marine, and Hilltop Marine.

I know it has been mentioned that the fee is $15 and with a large group it could be pricey...but we have to pay for Seven bands!!! The gate receipts are what do that! Check out our website: lakecumberlandbluesfest.com for some cool pictures of last year and a run down of the bands that Skinny Dipper (is he on this site?) has booked for this event and a full menu for Sam Diggity's BBQ.

I hope everyone will save up their nickles, dimes and quarters and come on out to a great event!

BTW if you think Blues music is mild, laid back, kinda boring then you haven't heard these blues bands! Skinny Dipper describes Velveeta Jones' music as "Electric Blues"! These bands will rock the dock with blues!!!

Return to “General Talk”