All aboard the Ark Hotel!

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

All aboard the Ark Hotel!

Post by E_ »

Pretty Neat!
All aboard the Ark Hotel! Giant biosphere is a 'self-contained haven' in event of climate change flood disaster
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 11:38 AM on 10th January 2011
It looks like a cross between Noah's Ark and something out of a 1970s science-fiction film.
The futuristic Ark Hotel has been designed to withstand floods caused by rising sea levels.

The floating behemoth is a 'biosphere' conceived as a safe, self-contained haven in case of disaster.

Boasting a green, self-sustaining environment for guests, the shell-shaped hotel would withstand tidal waves and other natural disasters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z1AhGknMTM
More pics at the link but here is one to get your interest.. Oh and did I tell you it floats like a boat? YEp, There is a pic of it at the link
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “General Talk”