A Funny, but SAD. True story

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

A Funny, but SAD. True story

Post by Dolphin »

I stopped at a CVS to buy a bottle of vicks cough syrup. I like vicks because it works and they have a non drowsy formula.

While paying for it, I needed to produce a photo ID. While she's poking in all my numbers for the purchase, the older gentleman next to me was trying to buy his own huge size bottle of Tussin. When asked for his ID, he told the girl that he'd stopped driving 3 years ago, and no longer had a photo ID. She refused to sell it to him.

I reached over took his money, gave her my license and the cash and told her I was buying it. She promptly told me I couldn't buy it for him. I told her my real intention was to steal it, and then I'd have lots of cough medicine for my extra large cough. She relented and processed the sale.

I handed the guy his change and told him in the spirit of obeying the law, I would take the bottle outside and give it to his cab driver (who was waiting.) Then the cashier told me if I did that, she was required to call the police.

I told her, that this was a good time for them to test their reporting procedure as that's what I was going to do.

I knew this gentleman, pretty much as an acquaintance of my fathers and knew he had toured Europe during WWII.

Well sure enough, the local cop on duty, recognized my name and knew where I worked. He was waiting for me when I pulled into the lot. He questioned me, explained the reasons why what I did was wrong, and that I could get in serious trouble for doing it. I told him I really felt like crud, and if he was going to haul me off, lets do it now and not wait 'til I fired up the cold truck and started work. He just laughed and told me not to do it again. I asked him if I needed that same ID to purchase any of the illegal drugs we seem to have in abundance in the area? He said "Nope" I said do you suppose I could find any of those drugs? He said "Most likely." He refused to tell me where, but when I asked him if he thought maybe he was chasing down the wrong bad guys, he assured me he certainly did believe that he was.

Then he asked me for the name of the gentleman I bought the cough syrup for, and I politely refused to divulge my client list. ( he didn't think that was all that funny)

In the end everyone did just exactly what they were supposed to do, and I don't blame anyone I dealt with, but the entire process just stinks like last weeks leftovers.

Return to “General Talk”