Cincinnati Boat Show anyone? Jan 15th 2011

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Cincinnati Boat Show anyone? Jan 15th 2011

Post by E_ »

Sure, this gathering is never as big as the Lousiville one but just putting this out there in case some of the Cincy show goers want another way to catch up...
http://www.hartproductions.com/travel-s ... ation.html

I was thinking going the first weekend to keep from getting boat show burned out and thus giving time between the shows.

Maybe catch the show early and then go to dinner across the river on one of the barge restaurants. ;) ;) ;)

Here is the facebook event for you facebookers:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171390622880971
Attachments
Before Cincinnati boat Show 0116101225a.jpg
Before Cincinnati boat Show 0116101225a.jpg (268.8 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Cincinnati Boat Show anyone? Jan 15th 2011

Post by E_ »

ttt
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

If you plan on attending the Cincy Boat Show please stop by the State Dock booth and say "Hi"! Either I or my husband, Dave, will be there or you might catch both of us at the same time! I met Eric for the first time last year at the show. Hope to see you there again Eric. The new brochure is pretty cool and we've got the forum party date for this spring on the calendar! Think Spring gang!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Who all is going up tomorrow? I was thinking lunch on a barge with orange colors first but maybe after? Looks like I will be going up by myself.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Looks like I might have talked the wifey into going. Thus who knows what my schedule will be with her and baby in tow. How everyone has fun. I plan to be around the show around lunch.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Heading up late and on a time limit. Just gonna run in and talk to a few dealers/brokers and head to dinner with JB.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Heading up late and on a time limit. Just gonna run in and talk to a few dealers/brokers and head to dinner with JB.
HEY! This thread is uselesswithout pics! :D ;;) :-* =)) =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

=))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol the show SUCKED for anyone wanting to see a Pocket Cruiser etc. It was all runabouts/bow riders and pontoons. Oh and one houseboat that I am not really sure how it got in place... WOW

There were not really many good used boat dealer booths like in the past either.

I did get a pic of a boat that came out on Re3's 30th birthday... =))
Attachments
36279_10150119567849066_658609065_7630375_1836504_n.jpg
36279_10150119567849066_658609065_7630375_1836504_n.jpg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Is that the best ya got,chithead? Sheesh! (-| :-w :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Heyyy, I'm tired... lol :p
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

WTF is a pocket cruiser??? I've haven't even seen a jet ski I can fit in my pocket. Yours must be deep. :-B
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well it depends on who you as to what Pocket Cruiser is...

Generally it is a cruiser under 27' and can bet motor driven or sail. The wikipedia article here seems that the author of that particular article liked sailing so they made it all about sailing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_cruiser

Bacially it is a smaller beam shorter cruiser, some people call it a express cruiser but I have seen the larger cruisers in this catagorey.

The main point of it is that it is a trailerable cruiser.

(more info than you wanted? ) lol
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

No thanks that pretty much sums it up. :D I've heard the "express cruiser" term just wasn't familiar with the "pocket cruiser". Also not sure a sail boat falls in that category. That's a different ballpark if you ask me.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

I'll add my 2 cents as well.

Pocket Cruiser -single engine(rare exceptions), trailerable, under 28ft.

Express Cruiser - single or twin, sleeps 2 comfortably, up to about 35 ft.

Cruiser - twin engine, sleeps 4 comfortably, over 32 ft.

I almost bought a pocket cruiser a few years ago, but went with a 27ft cuddy instead. I thought the pocket cruiser was too much of a compromise all the way around. I felt an express cruiser would work for my family at the time, but the budget wouldn't allow for it. :(
With the beating the boat market has taken, I'm giving serious thought to selling everything I have for boating now(pontoon, truck, condo) and buying a full size cruiser. The only debate is now that the family is older, will even a 35 ft cruiser work for the family. I guess the cincy boat show isn't going to help me decide that. I'll still waste a day down there next weekend.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ahh thanks Imaposer. That explains why I have seen boats over 30' called express cruisers...
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I consider my 32.......Well I'm not sure what to call it. =)) Express cruiser would probably fit the bill but not sure what category it actually falls in.

Return to “General Talk”