Medal of honor...

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Medal of honor...

Post by katie »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Just had to say something about how happy I am that we are still recognizing shining examples of humanity. The people who do this, do so out of the sense of what is right, not for medals. Congratulations to him and his family, they can all stand proud of him!

Washington (CNN) -- One day after the president draped the nation's highest medal of valor around his neck, U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta will receive another honor when he is inducted into the Hall of Heroes at the Pentagon on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the 25-year-old from Iowa became the first living recipient of the Medal of Honor from the war in Afghanistan.
President Barack Obama described Giunta as the kind of soldier who leaves you "just absolutely convinced this is what America's all about," Obama said at the White House award ceremony. "It just makes you proud."

The president noted that Giunta is the only Medal of Honor winner who has served since the Vietnam era to have survived the actions that earned him the commendation.

Upon receiving the Medal of Honor, Giunta said he was appreciative but that the moment was "bittersweet."
"I lost two dear friends of mine, Spc. Hugo Mendoza and Sgt. Joshua Brennan. And although this is so positive, I would give this back in a second to have my friends with me right now."
AP1004150131893.jpg
AP1004150131893.jpg (14.79 KiB) Viewed 919 times
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Medal of honor...

Post by E_ »

:ymapplause:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Totally agree Katie!

PS: Don't tell SpareChange this but I finally, after 2 years of serious looking, found something that I can actually agree with Obama on.
"President Barack Obama described Giunta as the kind of soldier who leaves you "just absolutely convinced this is what America's all about," Obama said at the White House award ceremony. "It just makes you proud."
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Interviews I saw him do impressed me because of his absolute humility. God bless him and all our past,present and future military! :ymhug: :ymapplause:

And WW, too bad it had to be something so special that brought about agreement with the Pres. (Wonder who told him to say that? #-o )
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “General Talk”