Afghan exchange student escapes FFA Convention

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Afghan exchange student escapes FFA Convention

Post by katie »

I don't know alot about the FFA, but I'm thinking there isn't a whole lot that the FFA has to offer an student from Afghanistan.... #-o #-o 8-|

INDIANAPOLIS -- A missing 15-year-old foreign exchange student from Afghanistan may have defected to Canada, police said.

Mohammed Karim Azizi, from Kabul, was with a group of students from his exchange high school in Ohio who were visiting Indianapolis for the National FFA Convention when he was last seen Thursday night on Monument Circle.

Since 2004, the group said it has had 40 Afghan exchange students leave the United States for Canada.

"Under Canadian law, if he gets up there, then he can claim political asylum," said Capt. David Allender. "And if he goes to Canada, he'll enter it legally. He has his passport." World Links said that by attaining Canadian citizenship, the teen would be able to bring the rest of his family into the country, including his father, a shopkeeper, and seven siblings.

Investigators said that the boy had premeditated his disappearance, having cleaned out his locker at his Ohio school before leaving. He had also turned off his cell phone, which cut off a key method police could have used to track him.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25541996/detail.html
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Afghan exchange student escapes FFA Convention

Post by E_ »

Well long ago Afghanistan was full of lush gardens and fields of green before it was basically slashed and burned long before the US stepped foot there...

I think there has to be a better way than to get citizenship so tricky but if the Mexicans think they have it bad in Mexico they ain't seen nuttin.

One of my best friends is from Afghanistan but acquired his citizenship legally with the help of a family from my county while we were in highschool. He sure has seen some bad things in his life but is so gung ho USA it would (well should) make many other US CItizens ashamed.

I think if they have lost 40 students that group needs to be re-evaluated.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Afghan exchange student escapes FFA Convention

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Well long ago Afghanistan was full of lush gardens and fields of green before it was basically slashed and burned long before the US stepped foot there...

I think if they have lost 40 students that group needs to be re-evaluated.

Well I have never known that about the fertile land, shows my ignorance on that point, but your second one about re-evaluation is a no-brainer... this is almost 7 people per year avg...... when does the flag go up??? /:)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Talk”